Closed Thread
Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    just wanted to update, we had a scan today at tfc and we found out well be expecting twins . We're really excited but extremely knackered as well.
    I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck on their ivf journey and hope everyone gets their bfp ASAP.
    also Ngaiz, i had to inject for an extra 7 days with tfc as my follicles weren't growing either, I was having scans every 2nd day, it wasn't until right at the end they seemed to have a growth burst, so hang in there. Hopefully theyll take off for you.
    Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just picked up more drugs and I've increased to 125iu. Congrats Tamm that so fricken amazing!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering, do we get Progesterone support at TFC?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    New to thread and just wondering if someone could tell me how much it costs inclusive of everything before rebate? Hubby and I have just done first ICSI and on 2ww. Fingers crossed, but its so expensive and it sounds so much cheaper. Would love to hear from someone. And good luck to you all. Fingers crossed for BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz, you will get 2 boxes of Crinone from the clinic the day of epu. The girls told me I could stop using them though once I got bt results.
    Jeanie the costs of the fertility centre for us were, $285 on our 2nd visit for scan and all the blood testing for me, we also got billed $60 via post for DH seamen analysis. Then on the day I picked up the meds we paid another $900 that's the deposit for the treatment. And the final payment I dont pay until we receive the cheque from Medicare, and we will pay the difference, which is around 1285. In the end once you get your rebates your around 800-1000 out of pocket. And each subsequent cycle within that calander year I think is around $500. This is for straight forward ivf, I believe icsi is a few hundred more though. But that's it there's no other costs. Oh and we did have a scan today where they checked how many eggs took, and that cost $85, that was the only cost we didn't know about until we were done. Hope that helps

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamm32 For This Useful Post:

Jeanie26  (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tamm32, that is a huge help. I can't get over the difference is the costings. Does that include egg pickup and transfer? Does the pickup hurt, as this time around I was put under and was still in a fair bit of pain for a few days after.

Also so happy for you. You must be so over the moon How many at collection and how many transfered?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jeanie,

Epu and transfer is all included, as its all done there in their clinic.
    Epu was done under mild sedation, i had 2 panadene and 2 valium and once in there the gas. Its not the most comfortable but the trick is in the way you use the gas. Making sure you take long deep hard breathes of gas, and its all over pretty quick. Everyones different though, and each person has different pain thresholds. But overall id say its not too bad. But that is definately it no other hidden costs! It is so much cheaper. We got quoted close to 11k at life fertility so this was definately a better option for us.
    We are really excited, all a bit surreal at the moment! I had 4 eggs at pick up, and only 3 fertilised. The doc said he was happy to put 2 back so we did on day 2. I kind of thought they mightve both taken as ive been having very strong pregnancy symptoms and my hcg was 1003 around 2 weeks after transfer and 3 days later it was 7800. Having the scan today and seeing the two sacks and hearing the two heart beats was just amazing. All the ladies there were all excited it their first twins too! It really is a nice clinic, they are still relatively new and seem to still be grounding themselves but overall i was happy with everything there. Goodluck with your journey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie26 View Post
    Hi All,
    New to thread and just wondering if someone could tell me how much it costs inclusive of everything before rebate? Hubby and I have just done first ICSI and on 2ww. Fingers crossed, but its so expensive and it sounds so much cheaper. Would love to hear from someone. And good luck to you all. Fingers crossed for BFP
    Hi Jeanie,

We paid the same as Tamm except our cycle deposit was $1350 as we are doing ICSI. It's so much cheaper than our previous clinic, it was so expensive that if TFC didn't open we would only ever have done one cycle. Now we have the option (if needed) do to several at the same price. All the nurses are lovely and the drs are relaxed and make you feel very comfortable. The only noticeable difference between TFC and our previous clinic is that there's no snack or coffee bar

Thanks
    Reviews
    My post seems to have disappeared!

We've just completed our first PICSI cycle with Wazza at QFG and i'm currently in the TWW. In saying that, i'm a planner and want to get the jump on a possible next cycle. Wazza did mention TFC however I've read that they use low dose of FSH? I was on 400iu and then 450 for the last few stim days and i still only produced eggs (my right ovary is almost inactive), 5 of which were mature, 3 of which fertilised and i have 2 embies on board and the 3rd one couldn't be frozen, sadly. So i'm concerned that the FSH they'd have me on wouldn't be enough?

I'm also petrified of not being under general for the EPU? I was in *so* much pain straight after (no OHSS but just paaaain!) and i'm terrified to be awake for the actual procedure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey KandP, if you have been at QFG and are willing to release your records (which I'm sure won't be a problem with TFC being part if QFG) they will dose you accordingly. I am on a low dose as it was my first cycle and have PCOS, but have had two increases and an extra 7 days of FSH. They only aim for a small number of eggs at TFC as they only do EPU and ET on certain days. If you're ready early or the cycle goes out of whack you risk being cancelled. Also, freezing increases the cost, I won't be freezing if I only have a couple of embies (3 follies showing so far) as another cycle is only $500 and freezing is $1500. And ET is a day 2or3 embryo, they don't grow to a blasty as this also increases the cost because the medium they grow in is a lot more expensive to sustain a 5 day growth.

Here hoping you don't need another cycle