+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me about your FET experiences

I am 37 this year, I have a 2 year old from IVF/ICSI and will be having a FET either March or April - I have my FS appointment on 1st March.

My fertility is fine (or so I know) we have gone down this path due to my DH and failed vasectomy reversal and his low count.

I have 5, 5 day blastys frozen... My question is:

What do I expect when doing a FET?
    What is your experience with thawing sucess? (should I get a couple of transfers from my 5?)

Thanks in advance

Spoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    It will depend if you are doing a medicated or unmedicated FET as to what to expect. I did a medicated FET so was taking different meds in the lead up and then had a trigger injection prior to ET.

I had 6 embies on ice and they thawed 2 for my transfer. Both survived the thaw so my other 4 embies are still on ice. Depending on their quality you can loose some in the thawing process.

My FET resulted in my DS who was born last month. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only had one FET, all my others were full stim cycles. I had 3 frosties, they only needed to defrost 1 so I still have 2 left. They are all 6day blastocysts.
    I did a HRT cycle, so I was on progynova tablets (6 per day), and prednisolone and cardiprin (steroid and aspirin) as well as all my vitamins. No injections though, and from memory I started on progesterone pessaries a week (?) before the transfer, increasing to 5x daily a week after transfer.

I'm starting to taper all my medication down now, I'm 9 weeks pregnant and should be off everything by week 13.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Spoodge, we had a simular story to you. DH had a VR which for us was sucessful and we fell preg with DD. Starting trying for No2 and found out he had scar tissue develop so back to square one and got told IVF was our best option. No Fet issues on my side although I was 38.

I did 2 Stim cycles and got 13embies all up. 7 transfers and 4 BFP's of these 5 were FETs all up and got pregnant 3 times from them. We only lost one embie 2 in the thawing process.

One ended as a missed MC at 9wks, one chemical and this one that is at 27wks....All of mine were either 2 or 3day embies.

I did natural cycles cause I OVed on my own so no medication and it was all pretty easy. Just a combination of scans, BT and opks to pinpoint OV then transfer on the appropriate day after OV detected. There was no progesterone support on a natural cycle (but I did ask for it this last cycle cause of a short LP in my previous cycle).

Goodluck! FET's worked well for me.