+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Breast fed 12-18 months- pre bed time feed only. have never given formula or cows milk. have always chosen natural alternatives. People shouldn't actually have that much dairy, including babies. other ways to give nutrients. It's just that it's the easiest and most common way. only my preference of course.

Routine looks something like this

7am wake up. floradix natural vitamin and iron

7.30 breakfast
    Morning routine- combination of outdoor play, indoor play\music

10.30 ish morning tea
    Water available all day

12.15ish lunch

1.30-4 pm nap

4-5.30pm play

5.30/6ish dinner

6.30 bath

7pm bed

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for helpful info. Keep more coming!!

Look at some of your schedule, I may still give her 4 bottle feeding/day, 150ml each as before then. I heard they are going to drop one feed once they are 1, is it true?

@Pregnor - thanks for info. I will still stick with stage 2 formula feeding. Do you know until how long I can give to her?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You can give it as long as you like.

I'd say they would drop from 4 to 3 bottles when they drop the second nap, just be flexible and follow bubs lead, sometimes they might not eat much and prefer more milk feeds, sometimes they will be into solids and off their milk

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My 1 year old is breastfed but my 2 and a half year old was once a bottlefed 1yo

DS does this - boobie, boobie, boobie, huge breakfast, boobie, sleep, lunch, boobie, sleep, boobie, boobie, boobie, dinner, boobie, bed.

DD at 1 would do this -
    7am - breakfast
    8am - bottle
    9am - sleep
    11am - lunch and milk in sippy cup
    2pm - sleep
    4pm - bottle
    6pm - dinner
    7pm - bed
    1am - bottle

On the milk thing. DD had stage 2 formula until she was 18 months old because she would spew cows milk. It triggered her reflux. From 18 months we put her on raw cow's milk. She loves it. On cereal and in cooking we use rice or almond milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    Speaking of overreacting.....

Some people have too much time on their hands and yet strangely no time to actually read what has been written and what is obviously between two posters and NOTHING to do with them.

Before you attack, ask yourselves: did I read this incorrectly? Could I be reading this the wrong way?

Chances are, you're right.

You don't have to Shan. It's already listed. Which you would've seen if you'd read my post before jumping for my jugular

For the benefit of those who obviously skipped what was actually written, I was responding to the OP, not proferring advice to all and sundry as was indicated by other poster. I wasn't being rude or defensive, just answering a question. Wonder if I would have received the same flack if I had just ignored the question? I guess being polite has its drawbacks in here.
    Wow..... Someone needs to take a chill pill.....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MegaGuts For This Useful Post:

CMCandAmelia  (19-02-2012),giveitago  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dd is 18months and ds almost 4

I never had strict routines I went with the flow.

However on the milk issue.

Ds was bf 3 months, formula fed till 12mnths then cows milk which upset him so back to formula for 6 months then lactose free cows milk.

Dd was bf 16.5months then tried cows and made her really ill even lactose free. So she is now on goats milk only. Which is great and closest to bm. she loves her goats milk. So cute!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My H is only 6mths so I haven't got a routine to share yet, sorry but thought I'd add my 2c worth about the cow's milk.

We have no milk allergies in the family so my non-bf children (A - F) began diluted cows milk bottles from about 6mths (ie. half boiled water, half cow's milk). I started with a little bit of each added to their formula bottle to begin with then when there was no reaction, gradually increased until they stopped formula. By 12 mths, they were drinking straight cow's milk.

In response to the iron thing, my H is already eating some meat mashed up with the rest of his vegies, which also include greens. He should be getting plenty of iron anyway, though he is still bf.

Honestly, I think it often comes down to perceptions about the dairy industry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't move to stage 3 as ours weaned himself after he turned 1 and no longer drinks breast or formula milk but water. We do not give him juice and definitely not cow's milk as 12 months is way too early for that. He's handling solids really well and sticks to his feeding routine like clockwork.
    Pregnor, firstly my post is not advice, it's an answer to the OP's question and it's about my situation, not what I think the OP's should be.
    The bolded bit in your first post came across as a statement of fact, not your opinion. Pregnor had every right to ask where you got the information that 12 months is way too young for cow's milk, given it's contrary to the majority of expert sources out there. If cow's milk is wrong for your child, great, but it doesn't mean it's wrong for every child so perhaps you should be a little more careful how you phrase things, particularly if you're then going to refuse to back up your statements.

Quote Originally Posted by ecstatic View Post
    My DD is turning 1. Can you please share with me schedule with 1 year old? Do you move the formula to stage 3? How many bottle/ml per day you gave to your kid?
    My 1 year old is on stage 2 formula (I think; it's the Bellamys 'follow on' formula for 6 months +) and her schedule is (times variable):

7am: 240ml bottle
    8am: Solids
    10am: Nap
    11.30: Solids
    12:30/1pm: 240ml bottle
    2.30: Nap (this one has been only happening occasionally lately)
    4:30-5:30: Solids (she tends to snack over the course of an hour)
    6:30: 240ml bottle
    7pm: bed

hth

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meatpopsicle For This Useful Post:

CMCandAmelia  (19-02-2012),giveitago  (19-02-2012),MegaGuts  (21-02-2012),WTK  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Australian breastfeeding association reccomends cows milk after 1 if you want to wean. Not formula after 1 if you want to wean.
    I assume that it's okay to give cows milk then

Cavier where does your doctor get his/her info for not giving milk after 1?
    It seems a bit weird

Thanks
    Reviews
    am i the only one whos kid goes to bed at 930-10pm every night? 830 is a REALLY early night for him, he only has one sleep a day as well, generally about 3 hours.