+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What your Schedule for 1 year old?

My DD is turning 1. Can you please share with me schedule with 1 year old? Do you move the formula to stage 3? How many bottle/ml per day you gave to your kid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Might be better to put this in the bottle feeding section. I thought you meant activities, but her food and drink schedule was a bit like this:

6am bf
    8am cereal
    9am bf
    10am fruit
    11.30am bf
    12.30 veges, water
    3pm bf, followed by fruit
    5.30 veges, water, bath
    6 bf then bed.

I returned to work when she was 1 and her breastfeeds were shuffled to fit with breaks and meals were adjusted to suit the set structure in daycare.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    our day goes
    8ish bf and up
    poridge
    10ish morning tea (fruit/toast/noodles)
    bf and nap
    1ish lunch
    3ish bf
    5ish bf
    7ish dinner
    bath/massage
    8ish bf and bed
    sometimes a 3am ish feed

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 am up, bf
    7 breakfast
    8 bf/nap
    snack. Fruit/bikkie
    12 lunch
    1 bf/nap
    3 snack
    5 dinner
    530 bath
    6 bf/bed

Flexible on times and might have some extra feeds

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont move to stage 3 formula, it's full of sugar. My son refused to eat food when he was having it, just wanted more bottles. You can keep on step 2 or switch to cows milk. My daughter can't tolerate cows milk, so has 2 x 100ml bottles at da y care once a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is turning 1. Can you please share with me schedule with 1 year old? Do you move the formula to stage 3? How many bottle/ml per day you gave to your kid?
    We didn't move to stage 3 as ours weaned himself after he turned 1 and no longer drinks breast or formula milk but water. We do not give him juice and definitely not cow's milk as 12 months is way too early for that. He's handling solids really well and sticks to his feeding routine like clockwork.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    We didn't move to stage 3 as ours weaned himself after he turned 1 and no longer drinks breast or formula milk but water. We do not give him juice and definitely not cow's milk as 12 months is way too early for that. He's handling solids really well and sticks to his feeding routine like clockwork.
    Just wondering where you got this information? My baby is still breastfed, but all guidelines I have read suggest that until 3 children would be receiving 600ml a day of milk/formula/breast milk and is a major source of their calorie intake. Also cows milk is fine, if tolerated from 12 months. Forgive me if my information is wrong, but if you could supply a source of your info I would be interested to read

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

CMCandAmelia  (19-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering where you got this information? My baby is still breastfed, but all guidelines I have read suggest that until 3 children would be receiving 600ml a day of milk/formula/breast milk and is a major source of their calorie intake. Also cows milk is fine, if tolerated from 12 months. Forgive me if my information is wrong
    Pregnor, firstly my post is not advice, it's an answer to the OP's question and it's about my situation, not what I think the OP's should be.

Guidelines are just that: guides. They aren't rules that are set in stone. Every child is different.

Secondly, I am guided by my health professional to make sure our son is getting the proper nutrition given his penchant for water and preference for solids. Feel free to argue with him if you wish.

That said, I have never come across guidelines that recommend cows milk for children under two or that Stage 3 formula is "full of sugar" so I forgive you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was only asking as I was curious. I like to make sure I am doing the right thing by my children.