+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Thomas tank engine fans /collectors

My ds is a huge Thomas fan. And I must admit i love collecting all the trains. I get a buzz

So anyone else is a Thomas collector?
    What rare trains out there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4 yr old DS has loved Thomas since he was old enough to watch tv. He has almost everything that is sold @ Toys r Us/K-mart/Target/Big W etc. so not too sure about rare stuff.

I never was a fan of Thomas but i do like to collect w/ my son. One time while my son was away i cleared the lounge and dining area and i set up all his Thomas train sets, TrackMaster as well as the blue tracks (forgot what they are called). Covered the entire floor. I turned on his trains on the tracks before he just walked and he LOVED it!

The only negative about the trains is that you end up purchasing a significant amount of batteries. They should come in rechargables but they would be far more expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    8yo dd has quite the collection. She has 2 tubs full of track including bridges, turn tables, and regular track. She has 3 different play sets, the Tidmouth sheds, and 3 of those carry cases that hold 18 vehicles. All in the Take Along/Take n Play set. She also has all the movies, and the original dvds with the old episodes on them that belonged to my cousin's son who is now 16. They will eventually belong to my nephew but probably not until he's 5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think my son will never out grow but when he does I'm keeping all of his Thomas trains.
    I'm quite enjoying collecting his trains and trying to hunt down rare ones. I think he is close to 100 trains.
    The hard one to find is the flying Scotsman. Found one for $100. I couldn't believe it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive bought a few for DS (11 months), the wooden ones, bought a talking one a while ago and he loves presing the button. hadnt been able to find any others. got some from catch of the day but they are battery operated not talking ones. a few days ago i did find a us seller on ebay that has them so am bidding on a few for his birthday.

currently im thinking of doing a thomas birthday cake but it loks too hard so i thing i will just do a rectangle cake, make tracks out of liquorice bulltes and put a couple of trains on top, maybe dye coconut green for grass. not sure what colour to make the icing though