+ Reply to Thread
    This place in the desert.....
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Daddy Gift

Just a question and i would really like some opinions on this.

When i was born mum got dad a watch with my DOB engraved on it.

I want to do something similar for DH but for his 21st i brought him a really nice watch that he hardly ever wears.

Another thing i had thought of was a hip flask but he wouldn't use it that often.

So now i have thought i would get him a Weber One Touch Gold Premium instead, as i know it is something we would use and is something we have wanted for a while.

He normally just goes out and buys things he wants himself and doesn't wear jewellery as he can't for work....So i don't want to get him something he won't use.

He plays Golf every weekend but again if he wants something for that he buys it....

Would like to know
    1. Did you get something for the birth of your first or consecutive children?
    2. What do you think of getting a Weber
    3. Any other ideas?????

Mattus is offline Now there's TWO of them? How did THAT happen?!!
    Hey Hoping28, you've put some thought in!

Weber - if it's useful, it's useful, fullstop

As far as a keepsake - remember that the jewellery doesn't have to be something he'll wear now - a watch or a ring will last a LOOONG time. He won't always be in the same job.

Mayyybeeeee.....( can I have some 'think music'?)
    Ok, I'm thinking something he can keep around him - in his car or wallet? Keyring ( not a tacky cheap one, but something nice and long lasting)? a pic of you three that he can keep on him, or on a work desk?

Get it engraved, and personal - great idea (remember to ask the engraver for a sample of his/her engraving prior to letting them loose on your gear!)

Ummmmm, that's the best I got. Don't engrave his driver is all I can suggest NOT to do!