+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does your household have a rule re. changing out of uniform after school?

Just curious as to whether most families have a rule about whether school uniform must be changed out of once back home for the day. When I was at school the first thing we had to do when we got home was change out of our uniform into casual clothes. Mostly my Dad's rule and he would not be happy if he came home and we were still in uniform. The main reason I'm guessing was to keep them clean so mum didn't have to wash them everyday and perhaps reduce the wear and tear but I think Dad just didn't like us in uniforms after school full stop.

DS has just started prep and I've not introduced any rules about his uniform yet so he's just been staying in it until bath time (one less rule to enforce at the moment!). Most days his uniform is dirty anyway and I figure why create extra washing by getting him to change into play clothes which will most likely also get dirty. He only has 2 sets of uniform so it does mean washing every second day at least but getting him to change wouldn't really reduce that! Although, I probably would get him to change if we were heading out again to the shops or something rather than just spending the rest of the day at home.

So, is there a uniform rule in your house? If so, is it mostly just for the practical purpose of less washing or some other reason?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, mostly because she spends a lot of time in the sand pit, on the playground and on the grass so we get her to change when we get home so we don't have sand and grass everywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just let the kids wear their uniform til bath time as I have enough washing with just 2 sets of clothes or more a day. It reminds me of a friend of dhs ,when they came home from work his mum would grab their clothes and wash them straight away ,even if dh was just popping round for a drink after work lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, when she gets home she must get changed and put her uniform in the laundry. I do uniform washes every two days. Her uniform just stinks of sweat, she changes into play clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No rule here. Some times i'll tell her to take it of before she climbs a tree or we go shopping. Most of the time she is in it till she has a shower.

She has 7 tops after we move and she only has 2 then she will be made to take it off when she gets home.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, uniform off straight away, Because unless visably dirty, he wears it the next day, then it goes into the wash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only if we are going somewhere or I am putting on washing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Raising Leprechauns For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (14-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes uniform off first thing unless it's friday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Off. Off. Off. They cost way too much money for me to replace often. The less he wears them, the better.

Also it saves me washing them if they are clean when he gets home. There is barely a night that goes by that he doesn't spill something on himself when he is eating dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS leaves it on until bath/shower time. I have stopped buying the white polo's now as I learnt last year it is a BIG mistake, especially for a boy lol. Now we buy royal blue polos (you can get either), so the stains aren't so obvious. I don't want another set of clothes to wash!!!!!! My sons clothes aren't visibly dirty, but he's spent a whole day running around, playing on the playgrounds etc, cannot imagine letting him wear it twice?! Does it change as they get older? He's in his second semester of reception. My one exception is his jumper- only because he takes it off seconds after we've dropped him off .