+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bub not moving much...

Hi girls..

DD was born at 33 weeks 6 yrs ago now.

Have had SPD this time round (currently 26 weeks) the pressure sometimes gets so bad down there i'm unable to walk, sit, lay down without pain.

Haven't felt bub move much over the last day though and my paranoia is playing up and getting the better of me..

I had slight fluttering sensations deep in my pelvis this morning.. very similar to feeling bub move for the first time.

Someone said it may be bub's fingers??

Maybe stressing over nothing.. I've read that around this time babies sometimes begin to engage and as this fluttering sensation was so low.. and the not moving much.. Should I be concerned?

Even drinking fizzy drink hasn't gotten much of a response and laying down prodding isn't provoking him much today.. whereas usually he will give a good kick or something.

I don't recall DD's movements slowing etc this early on... maybe he is just sleeping i dont know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please if you are worried after this length of time go and get checked. My friend was worried about her baby's movement and felt so silly but went and got checked anyway. They just managed to save him in time. She was also told that most Mum's would have lost their babies in this situation because they think it's normal for them to stop moving as much (She was 34 weeks)

Better to be safe

Hope I haven't scared you but I am now very conscious of this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kbt For This Useful Post:

troopingfairy  (14-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    went and saw my GP.. he felt around for a fair while and said he hoped it would start bub off moving.

he said bub is sitting low and quite possibly becoming engaged. heart rate etc was good.. he's sending me for an ultrasound next week to measure the cervix and make sure every things all good, but otherwise, is happy with things.

have been hope maybe 20 minutes now and have felt some movements which is a huge relief!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you went to get checked out though, always get checked out when you are worried. Glad dr was happy with everything.

I don't belong in here as I have never had a premmie, but last time I had the same feeling you seem to be describing. It really hurt and use to stop me in my tracks. I use to describe it as bub was trying to claw his way out. It started from about 30 weeks for me too. I also had moments where I didn't feel bub move and freaked out. Bub was engaged early but didn't come until my scheduled c-section. Hope that eases your mind. I am hoping I don't get it this time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mordygordy For This Useful Post:

troopingfairy  (14-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Always get checked if bubs movements aren't as usual

Hey gals, Mordy, everyone belongs anywhere on this site, no? Sometimes we can give advice and support on things about which we know but which aren't necessarily within our experience, and preg mums of non-prems should also carefully monitor their bub's movements.

When I was preg and in fetal monitoring (had more than 20 of these sessions), they told me that any unusual lessening of movement should be checked. Go to any emergency dept and they'll hook you up to a CTG (cardio-tocograph) for awhile just to be on the safe side. Better safe than sorry!
    The staff shouldn't mind, it's easy for them to do and life is precious. Often a good lie-down or sugary drink will wake bubby up, so I'm so glad you got checked, TroopingFairy. Much better to put your mind at ease~ stress is no good for bubbies in utero.

Towards the end of my preg I heard 3 horror stories of women with normal, full-term pregs that, when it came time to deliver, suddenly had no movements and their bubs were still. Of course these stories are the tiniest minority.

So please, ALWAYS get checked if you have the mildest concern over your bub's lack of movement. You are your bubby's best advocate.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

troopingfairy  (23-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go get checked... I just recently went through this and yes didn't want to bother anyone but my husband insisted I go to the hospital to have check up! The just put the monitor on bub and All was fine thankfully but I definitely put my mind at ease.

Sent from Mel's iPhone using Bub Hub app