+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Looking for a good pram to run with...

Hi everyone. When I have my bub I am keen to get back into running. I wondered if anyone has any recommendations on a good, safe & lightweight running/jogging pram I could consider?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing, I am interested too.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm yet to have bubs but when I enquired I was informed that the Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle would be a good fit for this need

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing!

I was hoping a P&T would be good for jogging though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sjay View Post
    Subscribing!

I was hoping a P&T would be good for jogging though!
    I have always jogged with mine (the E3) - but really you shouldn't. It isn't anything like a proper jogging pram. It doesn't corner well, I often rip the basket underneath from dragging it over things and the kids get bumped around a fair bit - it would be a serious no no for little babies.

When you say jog though - what do you mean? 2-3 kms/h on pavement is probably fine, 4-5 km/h would be harsh on pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mountain Buggy Terrain or NZ made Urban would be my only choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    I have always jogged with mine (the E3) - but really you shouldn't. It isn't anything like a proper jogging pram. It doesn't corner well, I often rip the basket underneath from dragging it over things and the kids get bumped around a fair bit - it would be a serious no no for little babies.

When you say jog though - what do you mean? 2-3 kms/h on pavement is probably fine, 4-5 km/h would be harsh on pram.
    Um... I'm talking more like 8km/hr+. When I'm back into it & get a little fitness back I hope to be doing 10km every few days in an hour or less. So yep, I need something built for the purpose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend from mothers group and I both have the Mountain Buggy Swift, I'm not a jogger, but she is and she found it great to run with. It's a little smaller and lighter than the Mountain Buggy Urban, and is a good all purpose pram. The only negatives to it are that it doesn't have the option of adding a toddler seat, and the only capsule that will attach to it has a low safety rating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IF you are serious about running I would buy a dedicated jogging stroller with bigger wheels and can handle it properly. I also believe it is not reccommended to start running with a child until they have good head control, 3-6months up. Many 3 wheel prams do say they are not intended for running with

Schwinn and baby jogger have 'proper' jogging strollers.

When you buy a pram you are not going to find one that does everything you want. You may find you need 2-3 ie one for walking, one for running and one for wuick trips to the shops. That is the reality of it unfortunately

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luey View Post
    IF you are serious about running I would buy a dedicated jogging stroller with bigger wheels and can handle it properly. I also believe it is not reccommended to start running with a child until they have good head control, 3-6months up. Many 3 wheel prams do say they are not intended for running with

Schwinn and baby jogger have 'proper' jogging strollers.

When you buy a pram you are not going to find one that does everything you want. You may find you need 2-3 ie one for walking, one for running and one for wuick trips to the shops. That is the reality of it unfortunately
    Yep, that's the plan. We've got a Strider Plus for getting around town, I'm looking now at what to buy specifically for running with. I'm hoping bubs will be ok to run with from about 3-4 months, but had only planned to walk before that so we're both comfortable being out & about etc.

I'll have a look at Schwinn, thanks.