+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bribie
    Posts
    1,374
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked
    308
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Looking for a good pram to run with...

    Hi everyone. When I have my bub I am keen to get back into running. I wondered if anyone has any recommendations on a good, safe & lightweight running/jogging pram I could consider?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,487
    Thanks
    449
    Thanked
    1,571
    Reviews
    12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subscribing, I am interested too.

    Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    230
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm yet to have bubs but when I enquired I was informed that the Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle would be a good fit for this need

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ballarat
    Posts
    996
    Thanks
    471
    Thanked
    191
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing!

    I was hoping a P&T would be good for jogging though!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,862
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked
    497
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjay View Post
    Subscribing!

    I was hoping a P&T would be good for jogging though!
    I have always jogged with mine (the E3) - but really you shouldn't. It isn't anything like a proper jogging pram. It doesn't corner well, I often rip the basket underneath from dragging it over things and the kids get bumped around a fair bit - it would be a serious no no for little babies.

    When you say jog though - what do you mean? 2-3 kms/h on pavement is probably fine, 4-5 km/h would be harsh on pram.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked
    24
    Reviews
    0
    Mountain Buggy Terrain or NZ made Urban would be my only choice.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bribie
    Posts
    1,374
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked
    308
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    I have always jogged with mine (the E3) - but really you shouldn't. It isn't anything like a proper jogging pram. It doesn't corner well, I often rip the basket underneath from dragging it over things and the kids get bumped around a fair bit - it would be a serious no no for little babies.

    When you say jog though - what do you mean? 2-3 kms/h on pavement is probably fine, 4-5 km/h would be harsh on pram.
    Um... I'm talking more like 8km/hr+. When I'm back into it & get a little fitness back I hope to be doing 10km every few days in an hour or less. So yep, I need something built for the purpose.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    6
    Reviews
    0
    My friend from mothers group and I both have the Mountain Buggy Swift, I'm not a jogger, but she is and she found it great to run with. It's a little smaller and lighter than the Mountain Buggy Urban, and is a good all purpose pram. The only negatives to it are that it doesn't have the option of adding a toddler seat, and the only capsule that will attach to it has a low safety rating.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    613
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked
    113
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    IF you are serious about running I would buy a dedicated jogging stroller with bigger wheels and can handle it properly. I also believe it is not reccommended to start running with a child until they have good head control, 3-6months up. Many 3 wheel prams do say they are not intended for running with

    Schwinn and baby jogger have 'proper' jogging strollers.

    When you buy a pram you are not going to find one that does everything you want. You may find you need 2-3 ie one for walking, one for running and one for wuick trips to the shops. That is the reality of it unfortunately

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bribie
    Posts
    1,374
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked
    308
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luey View Post
    IF you are serious about running I would buy a dedicated jogging stroller with bigger wheels and can handle it properly. I also believe it is not reccommended to start running with a child until they have good head control, 3-6months up. Many 3 wheel prams do say they are not intended for running with

    Schwinn and baby jogger have 'proper' jogging strollers.

    When you buy a pram you are not going to find one that does everything you want. You may find you need 2-3 ie one for walking, one for running and one for wuick trips to the shops. That is the reality of it unfortunately
    Yep, that's the plan. We've got a Strider Plus for getting around town, I'm looking now at what to buy specifically for running with. I'm hoping bubs will be ok to run with from about 3-4 months, but had only planned to walk before that so we're both comfortable being out & about etc.

    I'll have a look at Schwinn, thanks.


 

Similar Threads

  1. A good cheapish tandem pram???
    By poppyseed in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 11:47
  2. Find me a good walking pram for 2
    By My Beloved Ones in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-01-2012, 20:44
  3. A good pram for two?
    By adorableangel in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 12:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Nice Pak Products
Australian Made and Owned. The Baby U Goat Milk Skincare range is enriched with soothing goats milk sourced from country, Victoria. Goat's milk has a pH level close to that of our own skin and contains natural sources of amino acids and vitamins.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Little Rugby NSW
Catch, weave, chase, run, but most of all have FUN! Little Rugby runs a NSW network of fun, safe and non-contact footy classes for BOYS and GIRLS aged 2yrs – 7th birthday.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!