+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Breastfeeding through pregnancy

Hi all

Just need some advice here. My DD is 18mths old and currently needs 2 feeds a day - naptime and bedtime. But I really think that I'm starting to completely dry up as I'm 22wks pregnant.

Did anyone else have this problem? I was really hoping to feed her till at least 2yo with the possibility of extending it further whilst tandem feeding.

The reason I think my breasts are drying up is that she no longer falls asleep on them and often requires water in the middle of the night. Plus I can barely squeeze anything out. I used to be able to express 150-200ml in the mornings.

Any advice? I've started the fenugreek tablets and eating oats for breakfast but am reluctant to take medication for it.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Similar thing happened to me. not enough milk for baby to fall asleep etc...

My DD kept feeding right til the end, and now baby2 is here, she is getting the good stuff again!

The hormonal influences of pregnancy are pretty strong, and i didn't find anything to increase the supply (altough i didn't try a lot because didn't think they would work).

If you want to keep feeding, just keep feeding! DD will let you know if she wants to stop. There is more to breastfeeding than just the milk.

I began to offer my DD cows milk as well as a breastfeed at bedtime.

My daughter night weaned during pregnancy, but now #2 is here, i am quite happy that i am only feeding one overnight.

Some kids also stop feeding during pregnancy but start again when baby arrives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD self weaned completely at 21 mths old when I was about 18 weeks pregnant.. My milk had totally dried up by then but she had only been having a bedtime feed once a day anyway

Me + DH = DD! (4/4/10)
    & now baby #2 is on the way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yeah my boobies dried at 20w I was so sick from morning sickness and not keeping anything down I was proud to even get there! Apparently it's a common time for it to happen. Try coconut water, I have so much milk and I think it's that! If I go a day without it I notice cause the next day my bbs leak once I've had a glass!!!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    im 13.5 weeks and still have a decent supply (i feel full in the morning) and no sign of weaning from 21 month DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladies!

I did have enough till about 18-20wks then it downright just dried up... but I guess its true - BF is not just about hte milk. its also the cuddles.

She still wants to booby so I'll just keep going and hopefully the good stuff comes soon.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (14-02-2012)