+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love Dashiell. DS was nearly called Dash, but his name suits and I'm glad I still have that one up my sleeve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Sort of spinoff - Different/weird names you like but dont have the balls to use?

I don't think my favourite names are even particularly out there or different, hubby is just opposed to them! Lol but I like milo for a boy and Coco for a girl, neither of which I think we will get to use.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sort of spinoff - Different/weird names you like but dont have the balls to use?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat181 View Post
    I always liked Marli/Marley for either boy or girl
    I'm Mahli pronounced the same as Marli/ Marley.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seychelle....maybe if I have another girl I will use it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    I don't think my favourite names are even particularly out there or different, hubby is just opposed to them! Lol but I like milo for a boy and Coco for a girl, neither of which I think we will get to use.
    Ohh Mathermy, this bub was going to be Milo, but i felt it risky for a mixed race child

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Sort of spinoff - Different/weird names you like but dont have the balls to use?

Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    I love Dashiell. DS was nearly called Dash, but his name suits and I'm glad I still have that one up my sleeve.
    One of my friends called his DS this (slightly different spelling I think). Gorgeous name!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loooove slightly unique names but my DP is a adamant that people HAVE to be able to know how to spell it as soon as they hear it, otherwise the kid will be spelling their name their whole life. Sigh. It means he rules out even names that aren't that outrageous! My absolute favourite is Ayla, but that is vetoed :-(

When we named our daughter, I didn't realise that the name was as popular now as it is (Scarlett). It was the only name we both loved and as much as I hate how popular it has become, it really does suit her perfectly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

How else would you spell Ayla??

We are Scottish and want to use the name Eilidh if we have a girl. But I'm hesitant since Aussies won't be able to spell or pronounce it... DH is adamant though.

We will see

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Sort of spinoff - Different/weird names you like but dont have the balls to use?

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    How else would you spell Ayla??

We are Scottish and want to use the name Eilidh if we have a girl. But I'm hesitant since Aussies won't be able to spell or pronounce it... DH is adamant though.

We will see
    I'd spell it Ayla... I agree there aren't that many options... maybe Aylah, Aila or Ailah? It's pretty

As for Eilidh, it's a beautiful name. So what if she has to tell people how to pronounce &/or spell it? I sometimes have to spell out my name & it's a pretty standard name. There will always be people who can't spell!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    I'd spell it Ayla... I agree there aren't that many options... maybe Aylah, Aila or Ailah? It's pretty

As for Eilidh, it's a beautiful name. So what if she has to tell people how to pronounce &/or spell it? I sometimes have to spell out my name & it's a pretty standard name. There will always be people who can't spell!

I know you are right. I'm pretty sure that's what we would go with if we did have a girl next time.