+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sort of spinoff - Different/weird names you like but dont have the balls to use?

It's not a weird name but I don't think it'd go with our surname: Giovanni.

I love my woggy names and I'm really proud of my Italian heritage but unfortunately dh is Australian/German and our surname is pretty Anglo.

I also like Angelina (it was going to be my name, after my Nonno Angelino) apparently I was so chubby at first my mum thought it'd be mean to call me little angel if I was to be a chubber. Anyway, dh doesn't like it and Angelina Jolie has put me off a bit. As a member of Team Aniston I feel it's disrespectful lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I replied to this post awhile ago saying that if we had a girl, I loved the name Athena but was still unsure about it given how different it is.

Athena 4 Weeks 2.jpg

Here is Athena Elizabeth at 4 weeks old. The first week it took some getting used to, but now I couldn't think of any other name for my little princess! She's 4 months old now :-)

Follow your heart people! Random people on the street may think it's a bit odd, but when people get to know your little guy/girl - they'll think they're just as gorgeous, no matter the name

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Arusaamatus For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (25-11-2012),EvilWombatQueen  (30-10-2012),FearlessLeader  (17-10-2012),Funchu  (25-11-2012),jbr  (20-10-2012),Laylapie  (19-03-2013),maybe1more  (29-12-2012),Pipri  (21-12-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (20-10-2012),~ElectricPink~  (23-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    Saw this one on SBS film credits the other day.

Txarli

I like it but keep thinking it reminds me of something I don't like! Wouldn't prob use it as most likely no-one (not even me) can pronounce it!!!
    It wouldn't be pronounced "Charlie" would it? It's definitely unique!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure, Arusaamatus.

Could be a Spanish version of Charlie. The chinese sound for the x is sh (I think), not sure how the spanish pronounce it (it was a spanish film). The only way I can think to pronounce it is to leave the t off the front and say it 'xarli'.

I love 'Athena' and she is gorgeous. Good on you for going against convention. It is a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Our little B**** Taliesin is growing so fast I can't believe it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

Arusaamatus  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And now this thread changes to 'weird names you love and HAVE the balls to use!'

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

Super Trooper  (29-10-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    I was looking for inspiration for girls' names in lists of NPCs (non-playable characters) from World of Warcraft the other night. Yes, I was bored. Anyway, I liked the following:

Lyria
    Elisara
    Elara (not so unheard of, this one)

And lore-related characters:

Azshara
    Elune
    Avianna

Lyria and Elisara are my faves from these. I pronounce "Lyria" like "LI - REE - AH", not "LYE - REE - AH", just in case you were wondering. DH is against using names that our child would have to constantly spell out to people, but maybe I could convince him that these would make great middle names, lol.
    What about Thrall? Sylvanas? Arthas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arusaamatus View Post
    I replied to this post awhile ago saying that if we had a girl, I loved the name Athena but was still unsure about it given how different it is.

Here is Athena Elizabeth at 4 weeks old. The first week it took some getting used to, but now I couldn't think of any other name for my little princess! She's 4 months old now :-)

Follow your heart people! Random people on the street may think it's a bit odd, but when people get to know your little guy/girl - they'll think they're just as gorgeous, no matter the name
    Beautifully said, thank you Arusaamatus. Your little girl is absolutely GORGEOUS, and the name Athena suits her perfectly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to scarymarygoldfish For This Useful Post:

Arusaamatus  (21-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sort of spinoff - Different/weird names you like but dont have the balls to use?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I also wanted to use Randy for a boy, but was told that was a really bad idea.
    Not sure if has been suggested already, but you could use the name Randall.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Emmanuel and Oran for boys, but would never use them. We had a little DD anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 0383 View Post
    DH still thinks it's too bogan... Was watching "Once upon a time" a few days ago, and came across the name Bae. Might be an alternative
    A boy at my play group is named Bay.