+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are some great names in here. Subbing so I can muse later.

We considered Kaspar (for a boy), but ended up with a totally normal name, a welsh bard and my dad's middle name (which I usually dislike, but it starts with a W, as does my surname), so DS is Blake Taliesin Winston W----.

My partner balked at the Winston when we went to register bubs, but I said, 'aw, you promised' and he couldn't get out of it, as he hates filling in forms and that was up to me!

I'm pretty weird, and I think my family expected something much more odd!

My sister's DD is Frazey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Sort of spinoff - Different/weird names you like but dont have the balls to use?

I love Anouk for a girl but DF hates it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (25-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Sort of spinoff - Different/weird names you like but dont have the balls to use?

Cinderella (cindy for short) we both love it but for obvious reasons would never use it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    There are some great names in here. Subbing so I can muse later.

We considered Kaspar (for a boy), but ended up with a totally normal name, a welsh bard and my dad's middle name (which I usually dislike, but it starts with a W, as does my surname), so DS is Blake Taliesin Winston W----.

My partner balked at the Winston when we went to register bubs, but I said, 'aw, you promised' and he couldn't get out of it, as he hates filling in forms and that was up to me!

I'm pretty weird, and I think my family expected something much more odd!

My sister's DD is Frazey.
    How do you pronounce Taliesin ? Looks like a great name!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Needaname;6794795]How do you pronounce Taliesin ? Looks like a great name![/QUOTE

I love the look of it. It's pronounced Tal-ee-zin. Or Tal-ee-sin. Take your pick!

In my boy's case, I particularly like the half rhyme between Taliesin and Winston, and the W-W---. It rolls off the tongue, but very, very rarely do I get to say out loud his full name!

I was thinking about Blake Taliesin Kaspar W----, but couldn't do the BTK initials. BTK was a disgustingly horrific serial killer. It stands for Bind, Torture, Kill ~ not an assosiation you want with your child!

Not sure why this post didn't box the quote!???
    Last edited by BaronessM; 29-08-2012 at 00:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saw this one on SBS film credits the other day.

Txarli

I like it but keep thinking it reminds me of something I don't like! Wouldn't prob use it as most likely no-one (not even me) can pronounce it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sort of spinoff - Different/weird names you like but dont have the balls to use?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    Ad the title asks - what names do you really like/love but are too afraid to use as you are scared of teasing/what people or society may think/"the prime minister rule"?

DD suggested Repunzel as a name for the baby if it comes out pink, and well DP and I dont hate it, but dont think we could seriously use it

Another name I love is Clover for a little girl, IMO no different to all the lilys, meadows, skyes, rivers etc out there, but DP hates it and says no way he would use it to name a person

So, who else has a few they would like to share? (and who knows, someone else may find their perfect baby name )
    I actually had Clover on my list till I officially decided on a a name.

If I liked it, regardless of how odd or strange it was I would use it. I would keep it secret from family and friends as they can tend to sway you so I wait till the baby is born, name them, and then they see the baby and then they have no choice but to use the name. They can't refuse
    I always loved the name moon! Or cloud, things like that

Thanks
    Reviews

I was looking for inspiration for girls' names in lists of NPCs (non-playable characters) from World of Warcraft the other night. Yes, I was bored. Anyway, I liked the following:

Lyria
    Elisara
    Elara (not so unheard of, this one)

And lore-related characters:

Azshara
    Elune
    Avianna

Lyria and Elisara are my faves from these. I pronounce "Lyria" like "LI - REE - AH", not "LYE - REE - AH", just in case you were wondering. DH is against using names that our child would have to constantly spell out to people, but maybe I could convince him that these would make great middle names, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Jesminda for a girl or Phoenix for a boy.
    I didn't have the guts to call my DS Xander but DH insisted as he loved the name so much. Now im so glad we did as its a perfect name for him. We don't get too many odd looks anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For boys:
    Ryder - sounds a bit inappropriate with my last name so would never use it
    Lucien

For girls:
    Ceridwen
    Caiomhe

I really wanted DD to be called Cerynise but DH hated it so we compromised and it's her MN