+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ElectricPink~ View Post
    For a girl: Violet, Scarlet, Ruby, Pearl, Tansy.

For a boy: Axle, Diesel, Xavier, Brock, Braxton, Zeke, Jasper, Lemuel
    Pearl was on our short list, I love it!

A friend of mine named her daughter Aza.riah Scar.lett - very gutsy IMO

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjay For This Useful Post:

Courts21  (14-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I like Oceana why can't I find anyone that likes it dh hates it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    I kind of do too.. the only thing is, when I was reading the books I always read it as "Ah - yah", but in the TV show they pronounce it "Ah - ee - ya". I don't know which I prefer!
    I watched the tv show first so thought it was spelt Aria (ah-ree-a) which is the pronunciation I like. But then a friend mentioned the Sydney restaurant which did slightly put me off!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't remember if I mentioned it earlier on in the thread.
    Arya was going to be DS1's name, if he had been a girl. My DH is a devout fan of the books. And he told me it was just a name he liked and came up with. I fought tooth and nail to have the spelling changed as Ah-ya just wasn't the pronunciation I liked and preferred Aria, which is how my DH was pronouncing it anyway.
    It wasn't until the tv series came out, that I realized where he had got it from. If I had known Arya was who she was, I may of agreed to using it for DS2 if he had been a girl too. I also would of left the spelling right alone
    Last edited by White Mage; 29-03-2012 at 07:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Out To Pasture View Post
    I can't remember if I mentioned it earlier on in the thread.
    Arya was going to be DS1's name, if he had been a girl. My DH is a devout fan of the books. And he told me it was just a name he liked and came up with. I fought tooth and nail to have the spelling changed as Ah-ya just wasn't the pronunciation I liked and preferred Aria, which is how my DH was pronouncing it anyway.
    It wasn't until the tv series came out, that I realized where he had got it from. If I had known Arya was who she was, I may of agreed to using it for DS2 if he had been a girl too. I also would of left the spelling right alone
    Yes her personality in the books makes me want to have it too!! I do prefer the Arya spelling. But I don't want a child so obviously named after a fictional character iykwim?

Our other choice is a Gaelic name that Australians will struggle to pronounce and spell but we both love it. So perhaps a girl is doomed either way! Fingers crossed for a boy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Yes her personality in the books makes me want to have it too!! I do prefer the Arya spelling. But I don't want a child so obviously named after a fictional character iykwim?

Our other choice is a Gaelic name that Australians will struggle to pronounce and spell but we both love it. So perhaps a girl is doomed either way! Fingers crossed for a boy!!
    Haha, in this country, every name is spelt every which way, I don't think it really matters. haha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Out To Pasture View Post
    Haha, in this country, every name is spelt every which way, I don't think it really matters. haha!
    Very true!

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the name Makkede for a girl, from the Tara Moss novels, but even I'm not sure how to pronounce it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by swizzlestick View Post
    I love the name Makkede for a girl, from the Tara Moss novels, but even I'm not sure how to pronounce it!
    My first instinct was to say "Mac - ee - dee", but then I also thought "Mac - ay - dee", "Mac - ee - day", or just "Mac - eed"! Lol.

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When I read the books I pronounce it Mac-ay-dee, but who really knows!!! I can only imagine how much it would be mispronounced and mispelt!