+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brood Mare View Post
    I actually don't mind it. I know a little girl DS's age named Clarys, I am not sure if it's pronounced the same, but that's how I say it.
    Clarice from silence of the lambs is pronounced Clah-reece. I would assume Clarys is pronounced Cla-riss?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Only recently have I really started liking the name Sabrina.
    I think it would really suit a girl of ours but the whole Teenage Witch reference puts me off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I put Adelaide on my list posted ages ago - i don't think it is weird but i live in SA so that's why i wouldn't use it.
    If i lived elsewhere i'd probably already have a DD with the name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucifer.

We didnt use itfor obvious reasons. I suggested Lucian as its close but DP vetoed it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    Clarice from silence of the lambs is pronounced Clah-reece. I would assume Clarys is pronounced Cla-riss?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Ahh that make sense! Thanks for that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I absolutely love Londyn for a girl & Dash for a boy but DH hates both. I really love 'place' names for kids, (london, paris, etc) i guess that's why belly bub is going to be named vienna

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG, far too many to mention, mostly girls names. I love Willow, but probably won't use it as our last name starts with W so the alliteration might sound a bit silly.

Right now I adore Asari for a girl too.. I thought I'd invented the name myself (when naming my character in the Star Wars MMO) but then DF told me that it's the name of an alien race in the Mass Effect games, so I'm not sold on it now! Plus I worry that it does sound too "made up". Even if it is actually a real name (?).

But yeah. So many that my mum would probably disown me if I used, hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    OMG, far too many to mention, mostly girls names. I love Willow, but probably won't use it as our last name starts with W so the alliteration might sound a bit silly.

Right now I adore Asari for a girl too.. I thought I'd invented the name myself (when naming my character in the Star Wars MMO) but then DF told me that it's the name of an alien race in the Mass Effect games, so I'm not sold on it now! Plus I worry that it does sound too "made up". Even if it is actually a real name (?).

But yeah. So many that my mum would probably disown me if I used, hehe.
    This has happened to me before. I liked the name Zerayis, it was the name for my WoW character, it wasn't until my sister told me it was a name of character from an RPG she plays, I was a little disheartened.
    I think Asari is a lovely name to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Brood Mare View Post
    This has happened to me before. I liked the name Zerayis, it was the name for my WoW character, it wasn't until my sister told me it was a name of character from an RPG she plays, I was a little disheartened.
    I think Asari is a lovely name to be honest.
    Thank you, I think it looks pretty written down. And I think DF likes it too, which is obviously important. Hey, our WoW characters have similar names, my main is called Zeyane! Another name I invented myself, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Widget View Post
    I love Azaria...

Sadly even over 30 years later it's still in the news
    Me too, I think that's what Asari might have actually evolved from when I was playing around with sounds. I knew a girl around my age called Azaria a few years back.. she was really pretty and funny and generally awesome, but yeah, she got a few comments on her name every now and then.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    I absolutely love Londyn for a girl & Dash for a boy but DH hates both. I really love 'place' names for kids, (london, paris, etc) i guess that's why belly bub is going to be named vienna
    Vienna is my future daughters name