+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Entertaining an 11week old.

Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions on ways to entertain an 11week old. He is perfectly happy to lay on his play mat and stare at things and kick his legs up. He can only do short bursts of tummy time before he gets so annoyed he starts crying until he is picked up or rolled over. And I sometimes lay with him and chat or help him reach for the hanging toys on his play mat but wondering if anyone has any ideas of things I can do with him over the next while to keep him interested and interact with him and also help him develop. Or suggestions on a book I could get that has activities for young ages. I'm not sure if I am over stimulating or under stimulating him. Sooo confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Seams like your doing everything possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    what you are doing sounds perfectly normal not over or under stimulating

my DD hated tummy time, but development issues at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like your doing a great job. My DD is 11 weeks too. Other things we do are go for a walk in the sling, sing to her and we usually dance around the house a fair bit lol she's starting to like the songs with hand movements etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Throw some music/singing in and that's all you need. 11 week olds need little in the form of entertainment. Seriously, just being in a room with you is about all they need. You'd be hard pressed to under stimulate a baby. If overstimulated they will get tired and cranky so you'll know. Too much pass the baby around at parties is often over stimulating for babies but some don't mind. You also don't need to do much to help them develop. Some toys and plenty of books around and they will develop at their own pace

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lulululu For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you're doing a good job. Just chat and sing and bring bub along with you and give a bit of a commentary as you go. Everything you do is pretty interesting for a little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
    Sounds like your doing a great job. My DD is 11 weeks too. Other things we do are go for a walk in the sling, sing to her and we usually dance around the house a fair bit lol she's starting to like the songs with hand movements etc.
    Oh yeah I sing to him as well he likes the little green frog song when I do the lar de far bit :-) I can't wait till he giggles out loud coz I am sure that's gonna be when it is :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank all for the encouraging words. I do worry I am not doing enough for him so it's good to know that what I am doing is good enough. He's just lovely and I want the best for him I want to do the right by him and give him everything he needs :-) so thanks its good to know I am doing a good job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bigZ View Post
    Oh yeah I sing to him as well he likes the little green frog song when I do the lar de far bit :-) I can't wait till he giggles out loud coz I am sure that's gonna be when it is :-)
    Nawwww it's so beautiful isn't it? your doing a good job by the sounds of it.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your bubs would be the perfect age to start baby baby gym if you have one in your local area. That would give you lots of ideas about things to do with them - singing, dancing, plus lots of play time on their tummy.

The key thing is repetition, that is how they learn, so pick a few songs with actions and repeat this everyday, they will soon start to recognise this and smile/laugh when they do.