+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I need ideas!!!!!!!

My best friend and I have a standing dinner date every wednesday night, i cook one week, she cooks the next. we made a vow to always try something new and this is my week and i have no clue. im a pretty basic cook so i dont want something thats super difficult. last week she cooked crumbed lamb cutlets with stuffed mushrooms, its was frikken amazing!!! Please Please Please help me, i was thinking maybe Chicken as my meat??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Something super simple and so delish - mustard chicken pastries.

Dice chicken breast and marinate in Dijon mustard & cream mix. Don't worry if you don't have time to marinate, you can just cook the chicken in the sauce too. Add tin of peas & corn (drain first).

Using puff pastry in whatever shape you desire (I slice into 4 small squares then fold into triangles) spoon chicken mix into pastry.

Bake in oven at approx 180c can't remember how long maybe 20 mins? (until pastry is golden)

Serve with salad or veg

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've got a delicious one (coincidentally from the delicious magazine).

Rub garlic oil into a chicken breast and then roll the chicken breast in strips of prosciutto. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for a couple of hours.

When ready to cook, lightly brown the chicken in a fry pan, and than transfer to the oven and cook for approx 15 mins. It is yummy.

It is really nice with toasted breadcrumbs over the top (I just whiz up my left over crusts in the food processor and then lightly toast them). I also made a jus using chicken stock and some white wine and a tiny bit of corn flour (I used the tiniest amount of chicken stock, just gave it a bit of taste).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    they both sound so good!!!! im adding them to my recipe list, thanks ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Chicken teriyaki.

If I scratch the car I make this for DH and he forgives me.

Use 500g chicken thighs and trim of fat. Cut each into 2-3 pieces. Dust in corn flour and shake off excess. Heat oil in frying pan and just seal the outside of the chicken.

Pour off the oil then put back on low heat. Sprinkle over 3 tbsp white/castor sugar. Stir quickly then add:
    3 tbsp soy sauce (kikkoman brand)
    3 tbsp mirin (from Asian aisle at the supermarket)
    3 tbsp sake (Japanese rice wine, get at bottle shop)

Cook on low about 10 minutes until sauce is sticky and golden.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

melimum  (13-02-2012)