+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Solutions to 18 mo clmbing out of her coT

DD is 18 mo and as the title says she is now able to get out of her cot....Any suggestions on how to keep her in there or what to do... She usually goes to bed easy but wakes at 6 am.... I guess here is no more resettling her....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally would just put her into a bed .... and as for resettling it depends on the child for mine that is a very rare occurence for her to resettle but you could place a babygate in front of the door so when she hops out of bed you can leave her in her room to play till your ready to let her out that way if she needs more sleep she can get it and if she doesnt need more she can just play in there safely

Thanks
    Reviews
    is it maybe time to move to a bed? just to make it safer for her to exit her bed, and so she can safely play in the morning?
    We have had DS in a bed since he could walk (and climb) now at 19 months he can get out of his bed and play in his room in the morning either till we are up or if his bored his yells out or knocks on his door (his bedroom is right next to us!), others I know leave their kids door open so they can walk on down to mum and dads room and wake them up.
    Of course it all depends on if she is ready, if you are ready, and how well she is able walk and to entertain herself.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When/why does she climb out and can she do it safely?

My 20mnth old can climb out but NOT when she's wearing her sleeping bag (she can't get her leg up high enough as the bag isn't that stretchy) so that's something to consider anyway.

You can put her in a big bed if your worried about her hurting herself climbing out.

Consider a playpen with a mattress on the floor?

And have you completely child proofed your house?

DD gets herself up some mornings but the rooms she can access (including ours) are all child proofed so we can rest easily knowing she can't hurt herself.

Sometimes she jumps in our bed for a snuggle sometimes she stands next to me yelling 'mummy MILK!' :eyes: lol

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you take the side off the cot and put a rail up on the edge to stop her rolling out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    my 19 month old started doing this and it meant we changed the cot into a toddler bed. We couldnt figure anyway of stopping her climbing out, she used to take her sleeping bag off and climb out and then she figured out she could climb out even with the sleeping bag on, so for saferty reasons we took the side of the cot off and bought a toddler safety rail.

Because she is also a climber and a little escape artist (hehehe) we put a baby gate at the door so she cant roam the house if she wakes at night, and removed all climbable furniture from her room. We also have a mattress on the floor because now our only problem is she doesnt want to sleep in the bed. So she falls asleep occasionally in bed, or mostly on the mattress and then we move her into bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Other than barbed wire?

I'd say it's time for a bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like its time for a big girl bed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can buy a crib tent - its like netting raised over the top of the cot to stop baby climbing out. I looked into a few years back when my first DD climbed out once - they have pros and cons.

My DD/DS have each only climbed out once and scared themselves and not attempted again, so I didn't have the need to actually buy one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies, she is a climber and escape artist and thankfully the crappy Sydney weather means she is in her bag at night, she hasnt tried to climb out when bag on, so we are going to monitor her and as soon as she tries to climb out with bag on we will switch to toddler bed.