+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Rose hip oil vs blackthorn oil

I know you can't prevent stretch marks but i have been told both these oils can help.. Has anyone used either before? I'm not sure which one to try or which is better!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use bio oil but would also like to know what people suggest

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never heard of blackthorn oil. But have and use rosehip oil and really like it!!
    It's probably coincidence but I rubbed it all over my belly for the first 20 odd weeks(got lazy after that, lol) and got no stretch marks there, yet my hips, bum and thighs are covered in them!

Bub #1 due Feb 2012!!
    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessca View Post
    I've never heard of blackthorn oil. But have and use rosehip oil and really like it!!
    It's probably coincidence but I rubbed it all over my belly for the first 20 odd weeks(got lazy after that, lol) and got no stretch marks there, yet my hips, bum and thighs are covered in them!

Bub #1 due Feb 2012!!
    Thanks for your feedback! Where do you buy it from? I was looking on eBay but not sure how much to buy haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought mine from eBay too.
    I can't honestly think of the bottle size off the top of my head, I think it's the biggest one they make. it goes quite far!

What I also did was make a mix up with the rosehip oil, vitamin e oil(popped and squeezed capsules), and moisteriser( I used mango body butter) and rubbed that in. Made it go heaps further, smells nice and rubs in well!

Bub #1 due Feb 2012!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sevven For This Useful Post:

missmya84  (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a bottle of dr hauschka blackthorn oil and just checked the ingredients.

It contains other essential oils that may not be safe for pregnant women. Like citronellol.. Should I be worried??

Ingredients: Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Prunus Spinosa Flower Extract, Betula Alba Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Fragrance/Parfum, Linalool*, Limonene*, Geraniol*, Citronellol*, Citral*, Coumarin*, Farnesol*, Eugenol*. *Component of natural essential oils