+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A lady at my mothers group has a city select and the wheel base isn't super wide (like the Strider).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Baby Jogger City Select, covers ALLL your bases & some.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The city select sounds like it would suit all your needs.

I got the travel system for my newborn and 2.5yo DS. I use it mainly as a single but for long walks use as a double.

I had the p&t vibe - not a fan of it in singles or doubles since I got the select.

The baby jogger city mini is also good but for only one bub.

There is the bugaboo donkey which would also suit your requirements but maybe not your budget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    City Select is definitely the way to go. My friend has this one and I have complete pram envy. It's so beautifully constructed and user friendly, and covers all of your requirements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    City Select!! I haven't used it with a toddler and newborn but I take my friend's baby for a walk with DS and it's great.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the same situation as you. I've been looking at the new P&T Promenade as well as the city select. I like the prom because the seat converts to a bassinette without needing to buy another component, but it doesn't seem as versitile as the city select and it's so new I don't know anyone who has one. Will be following this thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I have decided on the city select we will be keeping the p&t sport as I quite like it and plan to use that when I am back to only needing a single. Maybe extending the sun shade somehow...

I don't have a huge problem with the strider, I have attempted DS in the toddler seat of a friends though (a few times) and it just won't work. He was out of the bassinet and into the seat facing out by 3 months. As that's my only real issue with the strider I think the city select is the best option. I adore that I can have a travel system and then a toddler seat facing out up front. The travel system in the p&t's means the toddler is once again below at back.

I am unsure about the donkey. I dont think I like it?? Lol. I don't particularly like the city select either I guess but with 16 seat configurations, you can't really go wrong. Price isn't really an issue for the right pram. I use it every day, I have a crap load of baby stuff to sell and we're not even preg yet, so we have at least a year to budget part of the reason I am figuring it out now, IF the donkey is what turns out to be our best option it's not like the cost is sneaking up on us. In saying that, the city select once you get the travel system etc is not exactly cheap! Another reason why I want to make the right choice. As listed in my op, I have quite a few prams because I use a different one for nearly every setting. I want to get rid of a few!

In an ideal world my darling DS would be an angel and hold my hand and walk beside me practicing his manners and phrases like 'wow mum, you really are fantastic, thanks for being awesome' and I would push newbie in a bugaboo bee but until pigs start flying, I can't see that happening....hahaha. One can daydream right?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Savingfishfromdrowning View Post
    I'm in the same situation as you. I've been looking at the new P&T Promenade as well as the city select. I like the prom because the seat converts to a bassinette without needing to buy another component, but it doesn't seem as versitile as the city select and it's so new I don't know anyone who has one. Will be following this thread
    I looked at the prom briefly. Something bothers me about it lol. I think it looks a bit too fancy for phil and teds for me? I love the sport and explorer but they seem a bit more outdorsey? Now i sound crazy. I'm a bit fussy it turns out! I like it, but I think it would be silly to pass up the versatility of the city select...

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard.Manny.Fran View Post
    I looked at the prom briefly. Something bothers me about it lol. I think it looks a bit too fancy for phil and teds for me? I love the sport and explorer but they seem a bit more outdorsey? Now i sound crazy. I'm a bit fussy it turns out! I like it, but I think it would be silly to pass up the versatility of the city select...
    I don't think you're crazy lol! I don't normally like p&t because they're sporty! I don't like 3-wheelers, so when I saw the prom I liked the look of it. I hadn't seen the city select then though.

The other ones I've been looking at are the iCandys, though they are out of my price range (in fact part of the appeal of the city select is that I might be able to get a used one!). But again, not as versitile as the city select. The prom and and iCandys are both narrower than the city select though, and the iCandy has a 1-hand fold.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Savingfishfromdrowning For This Useful Post:

Bernard.Manny.Fran  (13-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily of the Nile View Post
    The issue we had was the newborn can't lie down not so much the toddler?
    The newborn lies down under the toddler seat attached to the front. You access them thru the back which is opened up flat.