+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Which is the best toddler/newborn pram option?

I have been trying to do some research lately, but there is just so many options out there so thought I would ask on the hub-

DS is 18 months old and DH and I are wanting to TTC in april (ish) we are looking at a 2.5 year age gap between DS and newbie.

I want a double pram that is not always a double, as DS won't use it all the time or for very much longer. I have a strider, which I dislike. I also have a phil and teds, a smaller valco and a chariot running pram.

I want a toddler option that is not a second seat behind baby. There is no way my DS would sit there. I am also not super keen on a skateboard as I want to be able to strap him in haha. I am thinking about just upgrading the phil and teds (we have an old sport) and putting toddler seat up top. I don't like the measly sun shade on ours.

I also am undecided if I want a travel system or not, so the most adaptive pram the better really.

I have seen the city select used in all kind of formations and like the look of it, is there anything else out there like that?

Suggestions...annnnndddd.....GO!

Guest Guest
    Sorry, I use the strider and we like it my toddler likes sitting below. The Phil and teds isn't great for newborns and the side by sides aren't good for uneven weight distribution. The only one I would say is the City Select double (is that the name?) I have the city mini in single and it's a great pram, lightweight easy to fold etc.

My other suggestion is wait till you have both. I didn't buy mine till my dd was 2 months old and I took them both to the shop and tested them all out.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Steelcraft have the Agile double out, it's a side by side that can be used as a travel system

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GrabbyCrabby For This Useful Post:

Bernard.Manny.Fran  (13-02-2012)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i have the strider plus & my 20 month old likes sitting in the bottom. Its a pretty good pram & easy to wheel around. The infant carrier was a god send.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the strider plus, I had the Phil and Teds Dash and didn't like how they couldn't lay down... As in if one was in the underpart the top seat couldn't recline without squishing the other child. So I bought the strider plus for this reason, however I am
    Loving the city select and trying to convince Dp when the time comes I might need to upgrade!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the suggestions so far

The fact that the toddler can't lay down in the p&t's is not an issue. DS only sleeps in his cot and aside from this sat just gone at the zoo has not slept anywhere other than his cot since he was a newborn haha.

I am not particularly interested in a side by side, only because it won't be used as a double for very long, so a double that can easily go back to being a single is what I am after.

I think I have narrowed it down to the city select, the icandy pear and the phil and teds explorer.

Is the city select super wide at the wheel base?

I think the explorer will win out as I like the p&t and this one has a way better sun shade...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby jogger city mini by far

Chuffed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would suggest the Phil & Teds vibe for sure.

Or a Valco Tri-Mode deluxe with a toddler seat

or my absoloute favourite a Bertini Bidwell steerable, gorgeous gorgeous pram

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pram-mama For This Useful Post:

Guest Guest
    The issue we had was the newborn can't lie down not so much the toddler?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

inkognito is offline Moving on is simple, its what you leave behind which makes it hard
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I Have a city select and I cannot fault it, as for the wheel base width it's approx 65cm across the back wheels, sure it's not the narrowest pram but still not as wide as the strider and I am still to find a checkout or shop aisle I cannot fit down

HTH

14. The Following User Says Thank You to inkognito For This Useful Post: