+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi

my case is a bit different..ive had exellent results on dhea...BUT only on a dose of 50mg..on the "normal" dose of 75mg ive had the following

a) a CD2 FSH level drop to 0.2 (basically shut my system off) when on 75mg for 2 months..i cycled on it after being on it for about 4 weeks and didnt get a BFP , waitied another 6weeks and dropped my dose to 50mg...got BFP

b) second time for #2 tried 75mg for 4 months...low Estrogen results during stimming, got a low level BFP didnt last...dropped my dose again to 50mg for 2 months got same number of eggs (3) but better E results, better fert and better embies and now pg

so my effect depends upon the dose of dhea i was on and could have also been due to where i was getting the dhea made up

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfblady72 View Post
    hi

my case is a bit different..ive had exellent results on dhea...BUT only on a dose of 50mg..on the "normal" dose of 75mg ive had the following

a) a CD2 FSH level drop to 0.2 (basically shut my system off) when on 75mg for 2 months..i cycled on it after being on it for about 4 weeks and didnt get a BFP , waitied another 6weeks and dropped my dose to 50mg...got BFP

b) second time for #2 tried 75mg for 4 months...low Estrogen results during stimming, got a low level BFP didnt last...dropped my dose again to 50mg for 2 months got same number of eggs (3) but better E results, better fert and better embies and now pg

so my effect depends upon the dose of dhea i was on and could have also been due to where i was getting the dhea made up
    Oh crap! I was already going to see my gp to get my dhea tested but now ill go first thing in the morning! Geez! I hope it hasn't shut mine off...

Glad you got you bfp!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive just got back from S and N - want to get the level tested before we cycle at the end of the month.... geez Jfblady you have me worried now!

Did you have any side effects to make you think it was too much?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jessegirl, good on you to get BT. I think it is good to get a picture of where our levels are before starting and then after DHEA treatment for a few months (if you persist), to check levels again. At least we can track this way.

I dont want to scare you but with this cycle that i was on, my LH was a bit high. On my last BT before EPU it went to 14! That was scarily high, like I was going to premature ovulate myself! It never happened for my lasts few cycles. I can only think it was DHEA that caused this as DHEA is made into testosterone and luteinising hormone (correct me anyone if i am wrong) in our bodies. Some USA Fs are firmly against DHEA as it can cause premature luteinisation during stim and damage egg quality.

Fortunately my level was just climbing and i was due for epu already. But it did cause a hoo ha on EPU day cos I had to do an emergency scan to see if i have really ovulated on my own and my cycle could have been cancelled. Sonographer could not conclude if I have ovulated as one follicle did look like it was either going to or just did. ANyway surgeon/FS wasnt not too concerned, I underwent EPU and everything went on ok and i got my BFP too. it is just a bit strange as i recall.

Remember if you are taking DHEA, to have them prescribed into 2-3 doses a day. MY stupid FS prescribed one 75mg pill for me. I would rather have a few doses for my body each day so my body wont suddenly be intaking one big dose a day.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2TwoDSs For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crappola!!!

I have been on 75 dose once a day for 3 months now.... Eek! Crap!

Well hopefully I'm ok... Did u continue to take dhea while cycling?

Thanks for your help!

I've noticed the last week or so I'm getting a few sprouts on my chin and face! God help me!!!! Haha

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jessegirl, that is just my own experience . Probably the DHEA doesnt like me too cos I was not convinced about it as well. During my cycle, BTH I was on and off taking it. DOesnt help with this reply I guess? I was taking it during stim but once my LH shot up, I completely stopped. Then somewhere in my 2ww I started taking and now that I got the BFP I stop.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2TwoDSs For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. Just thought I'd throw an "everybody's different" example into the mix.
    I stayed on DHEA while cycling, and my LH tanked at 0.4-0.6. I needed LH support to keep it above 1 during the stim phase.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jessesgirl, hope you don't mind me butting in, but I just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

I did an IVF cycle in August last year which produced 2 eggs that were so bad quality they couldn't even be fertilised. I took DHEA 3 times a day for 3 months (25mg each tablet) and stopped in the beginning of Jan, only because I had finished my prescription and didn't bother getting another one. The main side effect was the oily skin/pimples, but I put up with it.

I started another IVF cycle at the end of Jan and yesterday only had 3 eggs at EPU but was in shock this morning when I found out that all 3 fertilised, it had to have been the combination of DHEA, royal jelly and CoQ10 I've been on, otherwise how can I have 2 eggs not being fertilised in one cycle to all 3 eggs being fertilised in the next?

Like Felicita said we are all different, but IMO and experience I would try taking DHEA 3 times a day for at least 3 months and see how you go. My FS didn't tell me about it, I approached her after reading here on BH all the success stories and improvement in egg quality that DHEA can make. I still don't have my BFP yet but DHEA did help my egg quality that's for sure.
    Last edited by AceOfBase; 17-02-2012 at 18:15.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012),jessesgirl  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow mumtochris, interesting!

I guess it affects ppl differently!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still waiting to get bloods back to see where my level is at! Will keep you updated!!