+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who hadn't had good results on dhea?

Hi girls!

I hope you are all smiling!
    Just wondering as the heading states, have you had average results with dhea?

I've been on it 3 months, 4 months in a few weeks,.. My side effects arent too bad mainly oily hair and a few breakouts but nothing like I've read up on..

We are cycling at the end of the month and wondered what everyone's experience was.

Thanks again!

X

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ***hasnt*** in the heading! Damn auto correct!! Haha

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't successful on DHEA in the sense that I didn't have a live birth. I took it for 10 months & during this time spontaneously fell pregnant not once but twice while waiting to cycle (but unfortunately miscarried both times). I do think DHEA had a lot to do with these conceptions.
    As for results, I only did one IVF cycle while on it & also used Saizen. Didn't get a lot of eggs in fact worse collection ever but had 100% fert rate. 2 of them were suitable for PGD testing & made it to blasts however the embies showed clear abnormalities & I have now moved onto the ED path. Good luck with it, its worth persevering with & I hope you are one of the lucky ones!
    Last edited by Starf1sh; 13-02-2012 at 09:27.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS put me on it to try to improve embryo quality, not for low AMH. It didn't seem to make any difference. (Adding back LH helped for me.)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012),jessesgirl  (14-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there ,

jessesgirl - thank you for starting this thread. I'm also interested to know others responses. I have been on DHEA for about 4 weeks, my side effects arent that bad either, I have a few break outs but no oily hair. I'm waiting till 12 weeks to cycle. I will also be adding saizen to the mix.

Starf1sh - It's a bummer it didn't make much difference for you. I too may be on the ED search (although I may go to SA) if I'm unsuccessful this year.

felicita - My fs has also put me on DHEA for embryo quality not AMH. Could you please tell me what LH is ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont know if DHEA has worked on me as I was on and off it these last 2 months. So far I have taken about 1.5months of it. 75mg. They say it takes 4 months to take effect. I just got my BT results and is BFP. So cant say it DHEA worked cos there are so many other factors.

I was on and off it cos I am scared of all the unwanted side-effects esp it is a hormone. It is good to do a BT to check testosterone and DHEA levels before commencing. I did mine and my testosterone level was on the lower side but DHEA was actually well within range.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom2TwoDSs For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (13-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amandamoo - LH = Luteinising Hormone = what you take Synarel/Lucrin or Orgalutran to suppress. Add it back with low dose Pregnyl (150) or Luveris.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (13-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Felicita - thank you for your reply . Congratulations on your BFP

MomtoOneDS - my fs (Warren DeAmbrosis) believes DHEA does make a difference straight away and there is no need to wait three months. I'm only waiting that long because nearly everyone on BH waits that long , so who knows maybe DHEA did help you too . Congratulations BTW

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Amandamoo View Post
    Felicita - thank you for your reply . Congratulations on your BFP

MomtoOneDS - my fs (Warren DeAmbrosis) believes DHEA does make a difference straight away and there is no need to wait three months. I'm only waiting that long because nearly everyone on BH waits that long , so who knows maybe DHEA did help you too . Congratulations BTW
    Really?? That's interesting. Do u know his reasons behind this? I always thought and read that it took 3 months to fully take effect.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The eggs you ovulate now began developing 3 months ago.
    So if you take DHEA for 3 months then the eggs have spent their entire development under the influence of DHEA.
    If you haven't been on it for 3 months then they'll only get the smaller benefit from the amount of time they've been under the influence of DHEA.
    That's my guess.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (17-02-2012)