Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh! there it is!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fai firinne For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (25-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With DS1 I got in at 4cms as I wanted pain relief but dust want drugs.. It was that great for pain relief my contractions stopped all together, they left me in there for 3 hours however and only got me out after I had a rest and then did an ARM... After that things sped right up but I didn't bother getting back in the water.. DS2 I had no time to think about anything let alone running a bath lol next one if it isn't quick like DS2s I would LOVE to try for a water birth

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our local hospital has the pool but they will not allow mums to give birth in it. They can only use it as a means of pain relief/soothing. Once u r ready to deliver you must get out. Anyone know why that would be??

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I got to the hospital at about 4 I was 6-7 cm. They started to run the bath then. As soon as I got in the contractions changed and I could feel my body trying to push. He was born at 5.37 after 15 mins of pushing

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my second birth, the contractions started 2min apart & REALLY intense. Given that they were so close together i went to the hospital pretty early & after about 2hrs they did an examination & i was only 1cm dilated! I was considering going in the bath but was well aware that it can slow the labour down if you go in too early. But the pain was already so intense so it was either go in the bath or i would need drugs.

So i went into the bath at only 1cm dilated. 3hrs later i was 6cm dilated. Then 1 more hour later the baby was born. So labour was only about 6hrs from start to finish & TBH i'm glad i went in the bath early as i think it did slow my labour down to a more manageble level IYKWIM? Given how close & intense my contractions were right from the start, i think the baby could have been delivered quicker without the bath but would have been a LOT more pressure & pain on my body.

I guess you just need to make the decision at the time & go with it. My plan was to wait until the pain was getting unbearable before using the bath.

I was in the bath for about 4hrs... the time didn't really bother me as i was in a bit of a hypnosis state but hubby was VERY BORED in the tiny bathroom with no TV for 4hrs lol!

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JessD81 View Post
    Our local hospital has the pool but they will not allow mums to give birth in it. They can only use it as a means of pain relief/soothing. Once u r ready to deliver you must get out. Anyone know why that would be??
    Midwives not trained in waterbirth, hospital policy, easier for birth attendents. This is the same where I am having my baby. However if you sit on the plug, it is really difficult for anyone to remove a wet, naked, pregnant woman giving birth if she refuses to move. Where I am giving birth if you birth in the water, they have to write up an "incident report". I have a friend that works there.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

JessD81  (25-04-2012),rdhay  (21-11-2012),Sarelou  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went in as soon as we arrived at the birth centre & was 7cm (i didn't think I was in actual labour!) DD was born a couple of hours later.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub