+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default A Muslim wedding

A wonderful friend of mine has converted to the Muslim faith in order to marry her long time boyfriend.

I did some reading about the ceremony etc but she asked me to be a bridesmaid. I didn't think there was bridesmaids in a Muslim ceremony. I have no idea because I've never been to one, but I just didn't think there was.

Can someone help? I don't know if its relevant but her fiancee is from Pakistan...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you will have so much fun!!
    I was bridesmaid at my besties wedding a few years back and it was awesome! Exhausting but awesome!
    Depending on what she wants you'll probably be involved in days of services and saris' galore!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh can you tell me what you wore? Was it like the brides attire ?

What did your friend have in the lead up etc to the main wedding ceremony?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wore a sari for the day of the 'vow exchange' day. It was hot pink and jewelled to the max! So gorgeous!
    The gorgeous bride wore a skirt n top set that was heavily jewelled, there was jewellery and veils everywhere, henna etc..
    There's a few days of celebrations and traditional things but you might not want to dress for them, you can get cheaper non jewelled outfits, just coloured dresses etc if you want to feel included and live up the experience if you want, I guess it'll depend on what the wedding entails