+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Saving money on things I do not need for baby!!

No disposable nappies this time around, attempting MCN which should save some $$$$
    No wipes either, facewashers with warm water.
    No bassinet, cosleeping bed, straight to a cot they grow too quickly!!
    No nappy genie, waste of money.
    Glass bottles instead of plastic ones you have to throw away when they get mangey.
    Minimal newborn clothing as DP grew out of it in 3 weeks.
    2 or 3 pieces of maternity items, 2 bras and 1 jeans. I prefer larger singlets with cardigans.. light layers.

I'm sure there is more I'll think of later..

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you considered giving breastfeeding a go to save money? Different baby, different experience.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (12-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I forgot that! Instead of buying nursing pillows Im going to buy some X2 foam pillows that I can take to hospital with me as well. Only a mini electric breast pump with glass bottles for going out as I'm a bit unsure of breastfeeding when out atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I agree about a change table being a waste of money. I'm short and found changing on the lounge (obviously always supervised) worked much better than the high change table. I used mine half a dozen times with my first then chucked it in the shed. Just threw it out to the tip

baby monitor was another. Even when our kids went into their own rooms my mummy senses made me wake to the tiniest wimper.

also not too many 0000 clothing. Both mine were born early and little at just over 6 pound but they stayed in 0000's about a month if that. Sadly everyone gave 0000's so many didn't even get worn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i lov

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    i love my change table, ds is 20 months and I still use it,

bassinette was my biggest waste, ds slept in it once, i brought a safe n secure sleeper (was too sore to get up to bub constantly n he hated the basinette) then my nappy wrapper and 400 dollar pram

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the change table too, definitely not a waste of money here.

Other thing to use as wipes is the blue chux cloths - cost a couple of dollars for a packet and can be reused over & over. Can be used wet or dry

I agree with clothes... Ds went straight into 000 and by 3 weeks was into 00!! Waaaaay too many clothes didn't get worn.

Mummy & Daddy - expanding our family! Our little man born April 2011 and now expecting another munchkin in August 2012! Loving it!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could not have coped without the change table, I dont know how people dont have one. I can honestly say there is nothing I found a waste, however we didnt really buy much except essentials (cot, pram, used disposables, breastfed). Was given the changetable. Got given a portacot which I would never have bought as bub just wanted to sleep with us when we travelled, also got given a bumbo which we rarely used so wouldnt buy one either. Love the movement monitor but never needed the sound feature as our rooms are next to each other. I think you are best to start with essentials and buy as you need.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never had a change table with my 2 boys, I just changed them on the lounge, the floor or my bed... It worked ok for me can't say I have ever wished I had one!!
    Glass bottles is a good idea I always forget about them haha
    100% agree on minimal newborn clothing but I wouldn't be able to help myself!!! I'm terrible and have already started collecting for a girl I hope to oneday have...

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm too short for a change table. We just use a mat on a bed. Co sleep. Breastfeed. Baby wear. We didn't have enough $ the first time so family bought things for us. I got a hammock and Double pram the 2nd time and the only thing I bought this time was a nicer baby carrier...

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)