+ Reply to Thread

Default Spare Frozen Embryos

I know this may be a sticky thread... but am interested to know, if other pregnant IVF'rs are thinking about the frozen embryos.

I was lucky enough to have one stim cycle- 26 eggs- 18 embryos.

I am 12 weeks pregnant with twins.

We have three frozen embys left- we have had a rough time with IVf and I really appreciate how valuable they are.

I already have one son (and originally wanted two children- hopefully if all goes well now, I will have three).

I guess I am just thinking about the remaining ones (which would be enough for one FET cycle).

Hi Grace.
    I was also lucky enough to get 14 grade A embies from our 1st cycle. I got my DD from Emby lucky number 13 and DS is on the way from number 12 (both FET's due to OHSS).

So with 11 left and what seems to be luck on my side I do wonder what we will do with the rest. We hope to have 3 or 4 bubs so will hopefully get one or two more out of the 11 we have left.

Having seen what these embies can produce with my child and child on the way I find it hard to consider donating them to couples or to science though I know how selfish this must sound to those looking for donors.

The only thing I can seem to get my head around is just letting them defrost when we are done having babies, though this makes me feel very sad also.

What are your thoughts on this Grace???

I just asked for the paperwork last week to donate our embies to another couple. I will keep you posted in what is involved ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smootch For This Useful Post:

L85  (13-02-2012)