+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gaviscon question

DDs Paed has saud to start gaviscon to DDs bottleHowever the pack says not to use for more than 6 days but my Paed said to use indefinitely And once a month or 2, stop using it and see if reflux appears betterAnyone else's Paed said this or others babies taking itShe's 4 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    does it say do not use for more than 6days or consult your doctor after 6days?

we've had some medication our GP has said to use differently to the medicine bottle, and we did as we trust our GP 110%, and the problem was fixed because of it.

do your research online on "short/long term use" etc and see what you find...

Thanks
    Reviews
    my gp recommended it for my baby's reflux but i opted to try the formula thickener first before going the medicine route. it helped ease her pain a lot and now, 4 months later i am weaning her off it as her reflux has greatly improved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My paed said the same. generally antacids just help keep stomach acids down and not decrease their production so they are more of a occasional thing rather than daily use . however the paed had said to use it daily for 10-14 days to see if it helps, and if it does than use occasionally when reflux is worse. however DD didnt impprove with it after 10 days so was started on losec. so you can go by what your paed has suggested. however if your not sure than just ring his rooms and ask him/her.
    goodluck !! reflux is terrible for both bub and parents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thickened fornula she stopped drinkingReacts bad to added y

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reacta bad to added thicknerShe def is better with gavisconI'll check with Paed again !