+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone else ever been jealous when finding out someone else is pregnant?

I recently found out that my mother in law is pregnant. While I am really happy for her, I cant help but be jealous as I have wanted another baby for a while now but my partner is just not ready for another one. I dont want to feel this way, has anyone else ever felt like this? How can I make it not awkward and heart breaking when I see her? My partner doesnt understand how I feel and I really dont mean to put a downer on her fantastic news- theres just a part of me that wishes it was me instead of her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i think its only natural for you to feel this way. I'd probably feel the same.
    You've acknowledged that you're happy for your MIL, so you're not bad person!

I'm only assuming given its your MIL, that she's older than you?, so maybe this is her last chance given her age? Maybe they've been trying for a long time? Maybe knowing this might make you feel better cos you've not got age against you etc??

Maybe seeing her go through her pregnancy might remind your DP of how much it means to you to have another one? And the joys of experiencing a brand new bubba!

I'm sure your time will come again, just be patient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want a baby soo much but know we have to wait.. It seems everyone is getting pregnant around me.. And yes im a big green eyed monster atm

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am very envious when people around me reveal they are pregnant, especially family. I turned it to a blubbering mess after BIL came over and told us they were expecting (I did wait until he left to go crazy, although DP said he could feel the tension oops!)

Be happy for them, even if you have to pretend and cry your heart out when you are alone you never know someone might have been crushed when you announced your last pregnancy, cause they really wanted another child.

DP and I are still trying to conceive our 1st and I really hope it wont be too much longer cause I understand your feelings. I always find myself thinking how come they get to have a baby I want one!

Hope your time comes around soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I miscarried our first and then my SIL got pregnant. That hurt. I was very happy for her, but it really hurt.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    every single time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I do.

I have 2 kids and Im almost 23 weeks pregnant but I still get pangs of jealousy when I hear of other peoples pregnancy!
    Took a lot to get pregnant with this bub..2 years and lots of heartbreak and finally Monash IVF gave us our miracle!

It is really hard to pretend to be happy when you feel like you have been kicked in the guts, cry it out when you are home, and vent a lot to someone who understands that some of the things you say in the heat of the moment aren't really what you think on a good day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymonster View Post
    I want a baby soo much but know we have to wait.. It seems everyone is getting pregnant around me.. And yes im a big green eyed monster atm

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Me too! I'm actually in the middle of a text rant to a friend ATM... When's our bloody turn.. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was at a friends baby shower this arvo... I walk in an hour late as I was working and I nearly cried when I walked in... Every single woman was either just about to pop or had a baby in their arms.. I feel for you. I'm do over waiting!!!!!!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Me, except i dont even want another baby. I just want something exciting and something to look forward to.