+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Transfer your savings to a high interest account, shop around for the best deal. ING had a great deal on a few months ago for new accounts and I can't believe the amount of interest I am earning compared to my old savings account.

Thanks
    Reviews
    - I save all my $5 notes. They add up so quickly, I literally never use them.
    - As mentioned previously, I meal plan; use vinegar, bicarb and water for cleaning
    - I have just started using soap nuts to wash the clothes in. Soooo much cheaper.
    - Take note of the price per kilo/100 sheets etc on the pricing tickets at the shops. It is not always cheaper to buy in bulk packets. For example, I have often found it cheaper to buy 2x packs of 8 rolls of toilet paper than it is to buy 1x 16 pack.
    - I buy clothes as I need them, but only buy socks, undies etc when on special. I only ever buy linen and other household items on special.
    - I also buy better quality/brand name clothes for my son. More expensive to start (I buy them mostly on special) but they wash better, last much longer and if I don't have another boy, I will be able to sell them later. Everything I have bought from Target etc has been needed to be thrown out when as my son grows out of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderCoverMother View Post
    -
    - I have just started using soap nuts to wash the clothes in. Soooo much cheaper.
    t.
    Hi! What are soap nuts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat21 View Post
    Hi! What are soap nuts?

http://greenlivingaustralia.com.au/soap_nuts.html

Here's a link to answer your question. I have recently started useing them too!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Def meal plan and shop to your list

Buy treats when on special and that way you get to try different stuff too

Work out all ur expenses fortnightly / weekly (how often u get paid) and put that amount away so you always have money on hand to pay ALL bills

Op shop / ebay for clothing. My DD has a wardrobe with alot of pumpkin patch / sprout clothing - more often than not barely worn or not worn at all. And if u find bargains at an op shop in a larger size put away, they will grow into them soon enough!

Clothes swap with friends

Dont buy clothes u dont need! Eg- my DD only has 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of trakkys etc - less washing too!

Wash only full loads

fill up car on the cheapest day

I only use one cleaner. Earth multi purpose cleaner to clean everything. You dont need a different cleaner for each room of the house! The amount of stuff on the market is ridiculous!!!

Is second toy library! And borrowing books, magazines etc

I cant think of anymore right now Great thread....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Live simply.

Use less.

Buy less stuff. Most people probably don't need half the crap they buy anyway.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susan Mac For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (11-04-2012),ShanandBoc  (11-04-2012),sunnyflower  (11-04-2012)