+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    I'd have to agree with Smootch, I've changed to Lynn after 3 FS at melb IVF, none of whom figured out my issues, I haven't even had my cycle with Lynn yet but so far 3 issues affecting fertility have been discovered since we moved to her.. I regret not going with her to start with it was about travel distance at the time, I just didn't realize FS could be so blaze about finding out what is wrong before you launch into IVF.. My sister also had success with Lynn when every other dr told her she was too old! Anyway fingers crossed I know drs can't change fate but at least I know everything is being investigated to the max
    Lynn is totally amazing no bs straight to the point and the aftercare after getting a bfp is unquestionably the very best! I had bleeding till 10 weeks and Lynn's rooms called every few days to see how I was doing and ordered extra bt and scans just to keep me reassured. Total above and beyond what is required of an IVF clinic. My first cycle back to her after DS was born I am pg again!! Cycle number 16 100% strike rate for her 2 out of two! Even when I called two old fs with regards to the results Lynn found effecting our fertility they didn't believe it would impact our success. My son is here to prove them wrong. And what's frustrating is it was easily fixed. All these years of IVF and 6mc and Lynn fixes it before our first cycle!!!!!! If god is a women then her name would be Lynn lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are due to start our first cycle with Melb IVF... So can't comment on success but the PLA team has always been great with returning calls & the nurse has been fantastic too. I'm hopeful they have done enough tests & out FS (Dr Najjar) seems really confident, so I guess when we start with treatment I'll have a bit more of an opinion.
    Definitely get onto the police & child protection checks, it's the only thing holding us up ATM :-( they will not let you start treatment without it... Load of bs I say but anyway it has to be done!! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup, Dr Lynn Burnmeister with Monash IVF. Due to give birth to our son in 5 wks after our first cycle with Lynn. good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all. I will have a look into Lynne. Our FS here in Adelaide is female and have liked her manner. I am not sure if the clinic has any links to Melbourne. Surely it would?

When we know if DH has the job or not will call clinics in Melbourne and see if we can start the police checks here. I agree with the others who have complained. It seems unfair that because we need help to have a baby we get scrutinized but the general population can just go for it. Either everyone or no one!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Truffle For This Useful Post:

IVFmumof2  (13-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The police check is specific to IVF btw so make sure you get the correct forms if you start the process soon, it should only take about 10 days, mine had an error in the application and vicpol were kind enough to call me rather than send it back like they normally do... Must have felt sorry re IVF the trick will be to book your FS appointment ASAP as sometimes there is a few months wait..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours were lost & now we ate freaking out having to re-apply & now mines clear but DH is stuck cause his name is so common & we need it by next week... Then the girl tells me today can take up to 4 weeks when it gets stuck like his is - I'm nervous & upset as you could imagine!! This was our first cycle & I was just starting to get excited!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Ours were lost & now we ate freaking out having to re-apply & now mines clear but DH is stuck cause his name is so common & we need it by next week... Then the girl tells me today can take up to 4 weeks when it gets stuck like his is - I'm nervous & upset as you could imagine!! This was our first cycle & I was just starting to get excited!!
    Oh that's so frustrating and disappointing for you. I hope they clear it soon. I have had experience with names that are more common and trying to get them through. It definitely takes longer. Fingers crossed you can start very soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey smootch
    Just wanted to let you know... 100% strike rate from Lyn for me too, BFP today after a 3 month break and switching to Lyn. Hope all is well your end and everyone else out there is getting through this bumpy road x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

smootch  (13-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic news. Lynn is amazing!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Truffle,
    DId you end up in Melbourne?
    I am thinking of changing clinics and want to go to Lynn burmeister after a recommendation. I would be interested who you decided to go with.
    Thanks