+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Melbourne Recommendations

Hi all

My husband is in the final stages of an interview process for a job in Melbourne. We *think* it is looking positive that he may get the job. However, we would like to start the process for number two.

We are seeing our FS here in Adelaide next week for the first time since our DS was born. We didn't end up needing IVF for him in the end but our FS felt it unlikely we would have another miricle! I am sure she will have recommendations for FS in Melbourne but I guess I would like a heads up on people's personal opinions.

So, who is good and who should we avoid? And what Clinics as a whole have the better reputation?

Thanks for any advice you can give me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I haven't really heard bad things about any IVF clinics here in Melb, but I have heard that City Fertility can be slack with calling patients back, or patients having to chase them up for things.

We used Monash IVF and were happy with them. They have a few clinics, Hawthorn and Clayton being the big ones where the treatments are done, but the FS's have their own little offices around Melbourne on certain days as well.We used Hawthorn for treatment and went to Sunshine for the normal appointments.
    We saw one FS who we weren't happy with at all, but changed to a different one, Dr Gareth Weston who was amazing, and first go we fell pregnant with our princess who's due in June. We are returning to him after this one is born.

Just one other thing to note.. in VIC you now have to have a Police Check and Child Protection Order Check before you can have any assisted reproductive treatment. Police Check is about $40 and the CPO is free, but the paperwork is ridiculous! It can take up to 6 weeks for the checks to clear and another week or so for the Clinic to approve your treatment.

Good Luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

Truffle  (12-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done IVF for 9 years and have a two year old son. (from IVF) during the years I saw 5 fs from two clinics and would highly recommend lynn bermeister at Monash IVF hawthorn, we feel pg on our first cycle with her even though it was our 15 th IVF cycle in total!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to smootch For This Useful Post:

Truffle  (12-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    CLAYTON MONASH!!!! We've been blessed with 2 sons and they are very professional, kind and caring I recommend them a thousand times over! Best of luck xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IVFmumof2 For This Useful Post:

Truffle  (12-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls for the recommendations

It sounds like Monash IVF might be the one to research a bit more throughly. I keep hoping that we will get a second little miracle but no luck yet and given my age we probably can't wait too long.

Thanks RWS for the heads up about the police check. I don't recall having to do that here - although we did do a stat dec to say we hadn't any criminal convictions etc. I wonder if I can start the process for that now to save some time. I do have one (for work purposes) but it's about 18 months old now so probably not valid. Will speak to our FS about it when we see her next week.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IVFmumof2 View Post
    CLAYTON MONASH!!!! We've been blessed with 2 sons and they are very professional, kind and caring I recommend them a thousand times over! Best of luck xx
    Have to agree, we highly recommend Monash IVF Clayton
    Brilliant Doctors but the thing that stands out to me are the nurses

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MummyNanny For This Useful Post:

IVFmumof2  (12-02-2012)

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm only at the beginning of my ivf but I had all my testing at the royal women's and they have now passed us into Melbourne ivf and so far they have been fantastic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep police check & another child protection check from what I remember total BS if you ask me? Any one can get pregnant. It we need to be checked for criminal convictions?? BS... That's Victoria for you :P sorry about the vent there peoples lol! Yes the nurses were brilliant I actually Called about my frozen embryo last month and my nurse not only remembered me she even remembered my youngest DS 1st birthday was that week! Also I was given a photo of our embryo for our baby book and that was really special to us <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't recommend Dr Wilkinson and City Fertility Clinic more highly. Super caring staff, very easy to deal with, and a lovely, small clinic. 3 unsuccessful cycles at MelbIVF (which felt to me like an IVF factory!) and then BFP first cycle with CFC, so maybe I'm a little biased

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd have to agree with Smootch, I've changed to Lynn after 3 FS at melb IVF, none of whom figured out my issues, I haven't even had my cycle with Lynn yet but so far 3 issues affecting fertility have been discovered since we moved to her.. I regret not going with her to start with it was about travel distance at the time, I just didn't realize FS could be so blaze about finding out what is wrong before you launch into IVF.. My sister also had success with Lynn when every other dr told her she was too old! Anyway fingers crossed I know drs can't change fate but at least I know everything is being investigated to the max

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

smootch  (12-02-2012)