+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pain after c-section

I had a c-section 9 days ago now. Moved my bowels all ok in hospital and really didn't seem to have any pain issues (apart from the obvious)

In the last 2 days I've experienced 2 different types of intense pain. The first one I can liken to mega period pain so I assume this one is normal after just having a baby. The second one is harder to describe. It's worse after I moved my bowels there are waves of unbelievable pain. I can be just sitting doing nothing at all when this hits. Is this normal? I'm wondering if I should call the hospital about it? Cause it's the weekend I wouldn't be able to personally call my OB.

Ive kept my panadol up cause that's all I can take due to allergies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A call doesn't cost much and will give u peace of mind. Might be uterus contracting back down or gas in your abdomen. I would call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would call the hospital I had a c section on the 30/1 and I'm in no pain at all

Sent from my iPhone too lazy to walk to the computer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Give the midwives a call... At 5 weeks I pulled an internal stitch and was in a bit of pain, after stopping pain meds R 2 weeks... You may just need to slow down a bit... Hope it's nothing serious....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Give them a call as I'm not sure that it's completely normal to be in intense pain. I only had muscle aches after the first few days from where they had put the clamps during surgery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    At 5 weeks I pulled an internal stitch and was in a bit of pain
    Those previous pains seem to have sorted themselves out till today.

I'm 5 weeks and I'm awake right now in pain I had to go to the JP to get bubs birth certificate stuff done so my mum drove me to the shop. My DH had latched the locking thing on bubs pram and I didn't know. So I've picked it up expecting it to collapse nicely to the ground instead it hung mid air in my hand. It's all I can put it down to cause everything else I did I've done before. The pain feels as bad as the first day back home I can't believe how backwards I've gone. Please tell me it's nothing bad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say it's just over doing it that's causing the pain but I would probably get it checked. My doctor told me I wasn't to lift my pram for 3 months! I did do it after 6 weeks though with no hassles. I dere say if you pulled a stitch you would be in severe agony - if there are even stitches left now, wouldn't they have dissolved by now?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would've thought so but I really don't know. I'm bordering being in agony. I'm going to ring my OB as soon as he's open this morning. I haven't slept much tonight cause of the pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hopefully it's a case of just needing to slow down and resting! I hope you're feeling better soon.... With my DD1 I had an emergency Caesar after labouring so my recovery was very slow. At 3 weeks DH and I took bub into my work, when we left and was packing up the car, we had a Forester wagon, DH was putting her in the car and without thinking I reached up and grabbed our boot and slammed it shut, the second I did it, I realised that it was not the smartest thing I did, I was in agony, and could not move for 24 hours! Please let us know what your ob says, and you're a new mummy and recovering from surgery, so please just take it easy! Hugs... xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Sounds painful! I did have some pain on and off after my Caesar once I stopped pain meds and after about the first week or 2 when I stopped 'taking it easy' as much. For me I knew the days when I over did it as I was in pain by the end of the them and was so exhausted.

I was never in quite the amount of pain you are describing though so I would get checked out just in case. Hopefully it's noting serious.