+ Reply to Thread

Default Sperm Donor in Adelaide needed?

I'm new to this forum. I have 2 children - a boy 11 and a girl 5. Unfortunately my husband left me before we had our third. Due to the circumstances of the separation, I also have no contact with my son. I am not looking to replace my son. I have always wanted a third child.

I have been considering using artificial insemination now for the last year, and wondered if people can give me some advice... I am not set on the idea yet, and I hope that people on here can clear up some of my concerns.

I had considered using anonymous sperm from a fertility clinic (in which case I will need to travel interstate on a monthly basis until there is success), but I am concerned about my potential child growing up not knowing anything about the donor.

I recently have given thought to trying to find somebody on here, or another site, so that I can find out at least what the donor looks like. However, if I go ahead with it, I would really like to find somebody who wants to be involved in the child's life. I am not looking at a co-parent relationship, perhaps more of an 'uncle' type role. I want this person to be able to answer any questions my child has when they are older, about why the donor chose to donate, etc.

I'm wondering if some people can tell me their experiences with the donor having regular contact (anywhere from weekly to monthly?), and also if donors can tell me how they feel about regular contact.

One of my concerns is that the donor may not 'stick around'. Has this happened to others, and if you are a donor, was there a reason that you felt you couldn't be a part of the child's life?

I ask these questions because I want to be certain that if I do end up using a known donor, I can find somebody more likely to remain in my child's life.

Thanks for reading

Default re:

I am an Adelaide based sperm donor who would love to help. My email is jollyyellowgiant@yahoo.com.au. Drop me a line.