+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for your help.

Just an update. I have spoken with HR, my boss and my doctor. I have decreased my hours to 6 hour days, 4 days a week with Wednesdays off (as I had a letter for my doctor that I made sure included the specific requirements/conditions I needed). I will be using annual leave and unpaid sick. I have confirmed with HR that in my case (and the company I work for), my hourly rate will not change, my maternity leave will be unaffected. Apparently at my work they "classify me as full time", and by doing this when I go on maternity leave, I "will still have the full time status".

So just letting you know it all worked out fine for me. However if anyone reads this, I strongly suggest you talk to HR and your boss to work out the options before making any decisions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveHeart For This Useful Post:

Bluest Blue Box  (16-06-2012)

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-11-2012, 06:29
  2. Feeling guilty about taking maternity leave?
    By Plan2bamummy in forum Working Hubbers - Employed
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-05-2012, 10:17
  3. Discussing work hours on return from mat leave.
    By Uh-Oh in forum Working Hubbers - Employed
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 15:10