Dear all, can anyone clarify if I'm entitled to PPL and/or BB with a Partner Temporary Visa Subclass 820 please?
I visited centrelink this week and was told I was not eligible for PPL or BB as I have a Partner temporary visa 820 (freaked me out a bit for sure). And that I was only eligible for Family Tax Benefit A which if I understand correctly is much lower payment rate. This is contradictory to the centrelink website which states below. I highlighted this to the centrelink person and she advised me to call the Family Helpline 136 150 however the wait time is huge.... BTW my partner is an Australian Citizen incase that makes a difference..
Your advice is much appreciated.
Residency Requirements as stated on Centrelink website:
What are the residency requirements?
An Australian resident is a person who resides in Australia and is one of the following:
- an Australian citizen
- the holder of a permanent visa
- a special category visa holder who is a protected special category visa holder
- a holder of a special category visa as defined in section 32 of the Migration Act 1958, or
- the holder of a visa determined by the Minister for the purposes of subparagraph 729(2)(f)(v) of the Social Security Act, including:
- visa subclass, 309, 310, 447, 451, 785, 786, 820, 826, 695, 787, 070, and
- the person is in Australia, or
- the person is temporarily absent from Australia for no more than 13 weeks, and
- the absence is an allowable absence in relation to Special Benefit under Part 4.2 of the Social Security Act.