+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Angry Vent...So called friends!!

DH and I are having a BBQ tonight to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. We decided rather then going away somewhere romantic it would be easier for us to have a BBQ as we have a 3 month old and we wanted our closest friends and family to celebrate it with us.

All of the friends that i invited all said they were coming until last night and this morning when they started making up their excuses. This happens every time i invite them to something. They are suppose to be my closest friends, i always go to their celebrations etc but when it comes to mine they always let me down. I have been friends with there people for over 10 years, you would think i would of learnt by now but i guess im just a sucker for punishment

Vent over!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    why don't you tell them how you feel? I don't mean get into a big fight or anything, but just ask why they always say they will come and then cancel. Tell them it upsets you that they never come to your events when you always go to theirs.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

bearbug  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am sorry you feel this way this was me last year which is why I don't even bother anymore. (not saying you should do what I did)

I think take californication's advice hun be open and tell them how you feel. Dont let it ruin your day today its a very special day for you sending you lots of

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

bearbug  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why do you think they do this to you? Are they like this with other people or just you? Do you think maybe you think of them as friends where they just think of you as just an acquaintance because I think true friendship is a two way street.

I would definately send all of them a text telling them that while you make an effort to attend their events but that they don't return the favor. I certainly wouldn't be putting up with that from a so called friend.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

bearbug  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have Friends like this too. There is 2 that I can just about always guarantee that they will say yes then call on the day and say no. I think I am dreaming when they do turn up. One of them is the first to complain if she doesn't get invited though. I think my problem is that they are not Friends with my other friends. Are these people all friends with each other??
    Big hugs to you because even though you know it's going to happen it doesn't make the disappointment any easier. Just enjoy the time with those that did show up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bigZ For This Useful Post:

bearbug  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your support, it means alot. We were all best friends through school. There is one in particular that I can guarantee would complain if she didnt get an invite. These girls were my bridesmaids in my wedding last year and they mean the world to me. I know if i said anything to them they would just tell me i was being childish and it would start a big argument.

Anyway our BBQ dinner was very nice and we had mainly family here but it was still very enjoyable. I know that no matter what happens with my friends i can always rely on my family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bearbug View Post
    I know that no matter what happens with my friends i can always rely on my family
    that is the best situation to be in! good for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At least you have your family, I'm sorry your friends are so flaky. It took me a while to realise mine were the same and to cut them out.

Down side is I'm so lonely but then I think, once DD was born they were never here for me anyway!!!