Closed Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonky Donkey View Post
    Americans are disgusted by his behaviour too.
    i'm an american, and i'm not disgusted

love the link to his response too.
    apparently NOT an abusive psychotic, gun wielding murder topping off his kids, their friends and other random people that some people have claimed him to be.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (11-02-2012),Turk EnJayDee  (12-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah sounds reasonable to me.

I still think its a waste of a lap top...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (11-02-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just read the link and honestly, how can anyone deduce that he isn't 'psychotic' from that response?? He can talk his way around it until the cows come home, but at the end of the day, actions speak louder than words - and his actions were a bit, erm, crazy.

I found this comment particularly ignorant:

My daughter isn't hurt, emotionally scarred, or otherwise damaged
    If I was his daughter, I certainly wouldn't be admitting if I WAS hurt. And who knows if she's emotionally damaged

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can go to his fb page and he updated it again and I cant believe people called CPS and the police on him here is where he talks about it.

For those that feel the need to keep calling the police and CPS. lol

Apparently both the local police and the department of social services are OK with it. Yes they came. Of course they came. They received enough "Oh my god he's going to kill his daughter" comments that they had to. I knew that the moment it went viral.. it was too late and it was inevitable. I'm only surprised it took as long as it did to be honest.

The police by the way said "Kudos, Sir" and most of them made their kids watch it. I actually had a "thank you" from an entire detectives squad. And another police officer is using it in a positive manner in his presentation for the school system. How's about those apples? Didn't expect THAT when you called the cops did you?

The kind lady from Child Protective Services looked all through the house, the yard, and found ours to be a healthy home. She saw the unloaded guns in their rack with the magazines removed and stored separately and safely. Funny thing: The case officer asked to see "the gun".... "Umm, sir, may I see the actual..umm.. weapon used for the video?" She wasn't at all scared of me but I could tell she doesn't like guns as a general rule. To each their own though. She was comfortable that I was adhering to NC gun safety regulations for the protection of minors, and that's all she needed. But of course if you want to continue, I'm just going to leave a pot of coffee on for the next officers who come by. (Digress: Maybe I can get Krispy Kreme to sponsor me with lifetime donuts? Oh God that would be heaven. Dunkin? Crap... KK all the way....)

She asked if I minded if she interviewed my daughter privately but that I didn't have to agree. I let her meet in private and then she and I met for about an hour and a half. At the end of the day, no I'm not losing my kids, no one's in danger of being ripped from our home that I know of, and I actually got to spend some time with the nice lady and learn some cool parenting tips that I didn't know.. I use them on my 8 year old son, but not on my fifteen year old daughter.. but now I will! There were a few things I thought she was "too old" for, but after talking to the case worker, I feel like it's worth a shot to try them. Maybe I'll sell those secrets in my next book! (Seriously? You just got mad didn't you? I'm kidding. Besides, that would still only give me two pages of material- one parent tip page and one page on handgun selection techniques appropriate for different electronic destructive purposes.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He is actually pretty funny

Tommy Jordan
    14 hours ago near Albemarle, NC

Well.. since I can't STOP the phone from ringing, I'll just turn it off for the weekend, let everything go to voicemail, and those who know me can email me. lol. Y'all have a great weekend!

(I know... ONE of you is going to make a "shoot the phone" joke...)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dangerous people, narcissists, sociopaths etc can all also be charming, witty, intelligent and alluring. Not that I think this man is, but he seems to appeal to some. Just wanted to say that charming does not always equal safe.

I think what he did what not good parenting at all. I also doubt that the police found it funny or said it was good like he seems to think they did.
    Last edited by TinyLittleTootsies; 12-02-2012 at 01:31.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TinyLittleTootsies For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (12-02-2012),MissMuppet  (12-02-2012),Witwicky  (12-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam-I-Am View Post
    Children and adolescents who obey rules because they're scared of the consequences break the rules as soon as they're not being watched (as proven by this girl's actions). Children who are aware of right and wrong and behave accordingly because they don't want to do the wrong thing may very well still break the rules - but at least they'll know why it's wrong.
    I don't believe this for a second. I was terrified of my parents and the consequences of doing something wrong.

I have also been a self-sufficient, law-abiding citizen since I moved out of home over 12 years ago.

Not to say kids should have the sh!t beat out of them or be "scared" of their parents. But they should definately be scared of consequences of their actions.

WooHoo! Another iphone!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Turk EnJayDee For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (12-02-2012),DaddyLarge  (12-02-2012),kezanazz  (12-02-2012),share a book  (12-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I just read the link and honestly, how can anyone deduce that he isn't 'psychotic' from that response?? He can talk his way around it until the cows come home, but at the end of the day, actions speak louder than words - and his actions were a bit, erm, crazy.

If I was his daughter, I certainly wouldn't be admitting if I WAS hurt. And who knows if she's emotionally damaged
    Who's not to say she's just putting up a brave front or considering this is coming from the dad that she is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    You can go to his fb page and he updated it again and I cant believe people called CPS and the police on him here is where he talks about it.
    I'm glad people called CPS.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    i'm an american, and i'm not disgusted

love the link to his response too.
    apparently NOT an abusive psychotic, gun wielding murder topping off his kids, their friends and other random people that some people have claimed him to be.
    You're one America, I've seen many Americans on facebook calling him a loony. As for him not being a psychotic, I just saw a nutter doing some fast talking.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    Dangerous people, narcissists, sociopaths etc can all also be charming, witty, intelligent and alluring. Not that I think this man is, but he seems to appeal to some. Just wanted to say that charming does not always equal safe..
    ^^ that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (12-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Wow that's scary the police actually condoned his behaviour. Clearly CP is a lot more thorough here as well. I don't think he would have lost his kids here but more would have happened than a tokenistic walk thru.

Thank god I live in Australia. It's insane over there. As for his daughter not being effected, she's hardly going to admit that is she? I had a crazy parent like her, one that went OTT all the time and I was scared sh*tless. I would never had stood up to her and told her the effect it was having on me, much less CP.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

elleandsam  (12-02-2012),Jakois  (12-02-2012),Witwicky  (12-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Wow that's scary the police actually condoned his behaviour. Clearly CP is a lot more thorough here as well. I don't think he would have lost his kids here but more would have happened than a tokenistic walk thru.

Thank god I live in Australia. It's insane over there. As for his daughter not being effected, she's hardly going to admit that is she? I had a crazy parent like her, one that went OTT all the time and I was scared sh*tless. I would never had stood up to her and told her the effect it was having on me, much less CP.
    Actually its not I know 2 people that work in child care and what they have seen parents get away with is sad CPS over there would have yanked these kids from the home if the parents did that.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast