Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Cont'd. I hate guns but that is America where they are commonplace. I'm not saying he was right, just that the way kids seem to use Facebook would certainly be a major source of frustration.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So she posted something on Facebook that he thought was disrespectful so he teaches her to be respectful by publicly shaming her and then destroying her property?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elleandsam For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (11-02-2012),Stiflers Mom  (11-02-2012),waterlily  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ummmm I don't think shooting the computer is a good idea. Perhaps confiscating the computer, selling it, then using the money to pay for someone to do the chores she doesn't seem to think she should be doing. Then telling her..."Honey, you don't have to do the chores this week, so you should be happy about that. I've sold your laptop to pay for someone to do them for you. You can get another laptop when you start pulling your weight without whinging."

Americans and their stupid guns!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deserama For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (11-02-2012),Lollie1990  (11-02-2012),share a book  (11-02-2012),sweetseven  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think dad needs a reality check, if he thinks having a vent to your friends on a 'private' facebook page is disrespectful I think he has no idea of reality. I think it is much more disrespectful to hack a young woman's computer/facebook page, read out her thoughts to the world and then proceed to shoot her computer. I think dad needs a lesson in respect, maybe she should shoot his gun!!! I'm sure he has a cache of them laying around somewhere, probably in his secret basement...........

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Seriously? He threw a bigger tantrum than his child, in a fashion as public as his child's. He didn't want to discipline her - he wanted to humiliate her. He wanted to make her feel like a piece of **** that he had to scrape of his shoe.

I have no idea whether she's a spoiled brat, has no boundaries, or what...but I have no doubt about where she learned how to throw her tantrums - and in what format - from. This video makes it plain as day.

This bloke is expecting a teenager to be more mature than he had the capacity to be. So she wrote a rant about her parents of FB? He hacked her FB account, stole her post, aired it in public, uploaded it to YouTube, and destroyed her property - and is going to punish her for the 'privilege'. *I* was intimidated at the end of that video - can you imagine how a 15 year old girl who has to go on living with him would feel?

Honestly, I'm disgusting and totally appalled...I can't believe anybody would think that this was in any way good parenting, appropriate behaviour, or going to do anything except terrorise a child who has obviously been stripped of her voice and her right to air her grievances.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tam-I-Am For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (11-02-2012),Daydream Believer  (11-02-2012),elleandsam  (11-02-2012),Etienne  (11-02-2012),RunningWithScissors  (11-02-2012),Witwicky  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I'd just like to point out two further bad examples he set, smoking and littering

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

Daydream Believer  (11-02-2012),share a book  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think had he sat her down to give her the lecture, in private, that would be fair. His lecture was calm and clear. The fact that he could then, in a calm and rational state, pick up a gun and shoot an inanimate object sends shivers down my spine.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It really creeped me out. What a loonie. I feel sorry for her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    America is a completely different culture. The way Facebook is incorporated into everyday life as well as firearms makes it a very foreign planet for us Australians who have no experience of this.

I understand where the father is coming from. I have friends at present who are doing their heads in over Facebook and the hold it has over their teens as well as issues regarding computers in bedrooms. I have also watched forlornly as selfish teens have broken up households and wrecked families because they cannot be disciplined.

He hacked her FB account, stole her post, aired it in public, uploaded it to YouTube, and destroyed her property....can you imagine how a 15 year old girl who has to go on living with him would feel?
    Hopefully she'll feel trite enough to pull her cocky head in. The laptop was his property, not hers. Secondly, she defamed him and his wife and did so on a pretty big platform. Thirdly, she was whinging over what I would consider something pretty menial - housework...which she EXPECTED to be paid for. I'm sorry, but in my house that just wouldn't fly with me either. She's 15, not 4. You mess? You clean up. You want something? You get a job and work for it.

To be honest, as a parent in care of a minor, I have no problem with man's actions as listed above. In terms of destroying the laptop, I would have elected to put it out of commission as opposed to shooting it up. However, I can understand this man was reacting in an environment he knows even though it may appear to be horrific to us. I find a puppy being chopped up live in a Hong Kong market mind destroying but to Chinese it's a normal visit to the butcher's.

As parents today, I feel we have our hands tied by legalities which prevent us from meting out the discipline that our children need to stay on the straight and narrow. As a result, kids are growing up without consequences for their actions. I see a lot of this at work with juniors who gasp at being told what to do and who find out what consequences mean in the workplace...they can't handle it. The world is suddenly a really harsh place...oh poor baby.

Interference from child safety organisations and people who feel they know best telling US what to do with our children is becoming the norm and I, for one, congratulate this man for taking parenting into his own hands and demonstrating that he won't be made a fool of in a public forum. As so many men have their balls cut off when it comes to being able to parent that I totally understand his frustration there.

If the girl is intimidated, good, she should be. It means her father got his point across. Because she did the wrong thing and thought she could get away with it. She wasn't bashed, she wasn't thrown out of the house, denied food etc. However, he made a very crystal clear announcement to her friends (and we all know how groups of teen girls can get) telling them that his daughter's behaviour wasn't on and that she isn't in charge, HE is.

Good on him.
    Last edited by Caviar; 11-02-2012 at 12:40. Reason: grammar

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caviar For This Useful Post:

Gruffalo  (11-02-2012),mixinitup  (12-02-2012),Rutabaga  (11-02-2012),shockinamillion  (11-02-2012),Turk EnJayDee  (12-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There was a thread on this yesterday. This guy is a douche. So what's next? A teen *****es about her parents in the phone, do we shoot the phone? Honestly who cares about a whinging teenager's FB rant? That's what teens do, they b!tch about their parents. He's a creep.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Deserama  (11-02-2012),elleandsam  (11-02-2012),Etienne  (11-02-2012),Stiflers Mom  (11-02-2012),Tam-I-Am  (11-02-2012),Witwicky  (11-02-2012)