+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Did IVF help me conceive naturally?

Hi All,Firstly some hope for all you ttc. After 2 years of ttc, an eptopic pregnancy, me showing signs of early ovarian failure, DH with poor swimmers and 2 unsuccessful rounds of IVF, we conceived our beautiful daughter who is now 12 months old.Weve been ttc again for 6 months and DH does not want to go back to IVF, believing we have conceived twice on our own and we had nothing but disappointment at IVF.I conceived on an "off month" of IVF and my question is, could the drugs in the prior month have had some effect in helping us to conceive? And what next? Have any of you heard of this? Any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've heard of quite a few people who have conceived naturally in an 'off' cycle from IVF.
    Of course, that obviously doesn't happen all the time, but surely it is a factor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happened to me, and that's what my dr said, it's taught your body what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I fell pregnant naturally after many attempts at IVF, I do believe IVZf treatment 'trained' my body.
    Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard off this happening a lot!!!! Good luck with your ttc

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have no idea, but I do know a family who naturally concieved their 2nd child after the first was concieved after 10 longs years of fertility treatments including IVF. Small-headed sperm combined with a woman who previously suffered some sort of cancer in the general reproductive area (I can't remember if it was ovarian, cervical, uterine, etc... but it was to do with that area anyway)... they had that, and age working against them.

After all those years of trying, IVF FINALLY worked and gave them a son. They were ABOUT to start up with the IVF again in the hopes of having a second, but concieved before starting treatments.

I thought that was pretty special.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is a wonderful story SassyMumma, they all are. Just wish I had a crystal ball to know if it will ever happen again on our own or if were wasting valuable time trying naturally.