+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs bell I think they cope more than us. It's hard letting them go and nit knowing what they are doing hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD said that the kids didn't want her to play on the playground, which worries me, but I haven't been able to clarify that with anyone? She has also said she has had sand thrown at her and the same girl spat at her and others. Everything I've gotten has been from the mouth of a nearly 4 year old.
    On Thursday I may go in ultra early and see if I can grab a few minutes with both the aide and the teacher. I have to talk with them both as they both deal with different things. Aide does the toileting and helps with lunch etc, and the teacher with their activities. I want to know how she is going with the activities, if she is even participating, as she hasn't brought anything home as yet, and I know every day they do something to bring home.

I wish she was in Cs class!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep LPH, 4yo kindy. We don't even have an attendance roll. It's a very new school, maybe they are still ironing it all out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Yep LPH, 4yo kindy. We don't even have an attendance roll. It's a very new school, maybe they are still ironing it all out?
    it does seem a bit concerning they do not appear to be encouraging communication. C started pre-kindy, its only 2.5 hours per week, and we have already had a meeting with the teacher outlining what they do and what they expect of the parents as well. I managed to have a good chat with her there, and she gave me her email so I can contact her if I have any concerns and can't manage to grab a moment with her on the school day. I understand it can be hard to talk to all parents every day, but they should be allowing those who really need/'want to talk an opportunity.

C said "Someone push me, and teacher tell him no" or something like that, so it would concern me with all these incidences she mentions like being pushed and spat on etc, but noone is picking up on it? where is the teacher when this is happening.

Listen to London, she knows where its at!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    No roll is a bit strange but as I'm in nsw and most of our early education is run outside of the school system I'm unsure what your states regulations are

All your concerns are reasonable I'd either do what London suggest or book an appointment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In schools I have worked in, the teacher marks the roll after the bell goes or there abouts. I would schedule a meeting to address all your concerns, all of which are legitimate and valid. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm nearly finished my degree in early childhood and I find no form
    of communication very weird !! we are drilled in that communication is the top priority even from first year! they should either be having a class communication book or single ones taken home ( the preps at work have this that the teachers and parents can wrote in and send back to school), or even a general daily recount written where kids are signed out !! I'd definintly be booki an app with teacher

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

naebie  (11-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Book an appointment. You can be 'nice' about the fob-offs but still get your point across if you very sweetly ask for a time for you both to sit down together that will be convenient for her when there will be less distractions. Have your concerns written down and make your way down the list.

About the roll: If its done electronically on the computer as in WA, it might be completed once the first activity starts and the children are busy, and the teacher or aide can get to the computer. Personally, I find that calling out who is at kindy is a great little activity. Waiting your turn, name recognition, prediction, clearly answering "here" etc.

Sent magically from my iPhone using
    Internet trickery

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would definately make an appt with the teacher! The aide might not be able to answer your questions due to centre policy!!
    Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if going early is going to help. Normally in the mornings, the teachers are busy preparing for the day and you will be on a time limit because the bell will eventually ring and the day will start. Its better to catch her after school...if you want to make an appointment, when you drop your DD off tell the teacher you would like to speak with her after school once the other kids have left. Then, when you pick DD up, just walk into the class as the kids are ********* out, and stand off to the side until they are all gone then approach the teacher.
    Dont be shy to go into the class....its supposed to be a safe space for your DD, and a welcoming space for parents. Try be brave and confront the teacher with your concerns. Get all the answers you want...she has a duty to report to you and answer your concerns.