+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have never done acupuncture. My first cycle ended with a bfn but this cycle resulted in a BFP andi am currently 5 weeks pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jessegirl, thanks for starting this thread, very interesting and I also wanted to ask this question too.

I did read some ladies swearing acc is what made the difference for them in getting a bfp but after personally experiencing it not working for me and reading the various posts here and there, I firmly believe it does not necessarily help unless one has really seriously poor blood circulation like a stale lining where acc may help.

I hate needles and do not enjoy acc at all. I wish I do cos my GP does it and can be bulk billed but it is torture to me. I did accu with my TCM doctor last cycle faithfully thinking I will blame myself if I dont give it a try if it helps with getting a bfp but it didnt work.

Hence my conclusion is really to get the right embryo which sticks that matters. I had a friend who did acc for some of her cycles but BFN but in her 6th cycle she did not do accu and she got her sticky BFP.

This cycle I tried foot reflexology twice plus a lot of self massage during the follicular phase. I think I enjoy these better. What for put ourselves though something we dont enjoy. Massages equally help with improving blood circulation so does light exercises.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostysmum View Post
    I gave up on acupuncture, didn't think it made a difference to IVF, but it did certainly relaxed me and I enjoyed the peace/mediation time, but I found it stressful to fit it in amongst all the appointments and work/domestic commitments.
    , I found the accupuncture itself in the lead up to a cycle very relaxing but it was incredibly stressful rushing from accu to transfer and back again on ET day. I did accu for cycle 1-6 (over 12 months weekly all up plus 2x on day of ET) and it made no difference at all. I finally got my BFP on cycle 10 after 10 months of no accu, so for me it made no difference (I admit there were other undiagnosed medical issues for the 1st 7 cycles though too).

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never did it either and from IVF got 4 BFP's (1mc 2 chems and this pregnancy). I dont believe the accupunture would have done anything for the quality of embies going back (which I believe was the problem with our losses and I have never had any issues getting pregnant before IVF so I didnt really think it would help us....

That said I do believe anything that makes you feel more positive about what you are going through is beneficial

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklicky View Post
    That said I do believe anything that makes you feel more positive about what you are going through is beneficial
    Totally agree here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilly yes I have to agree with you it was annoying and stressful going to and then returning to get acu...

The whole process is enough to stress you out and then a double session of acu is a lot..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never did accupuncture and now have one month old twins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,
    I actually had my first sessionthiss morning. It didn't hurt (let's face it, the injections we do ourselves are bigger and scarier!) but I didn't feel instantly relaxed. I am heading into my fourth cycle so I figured it was worth a shot. I know of a couple of friends who now have children through IVF and it is a mixed reaction in regards to if it helped them.
    If money is a little tight right now, I wouldn't add the financial stress to yourself. plenty get BFP without it!
    Good luck. Let us know what you decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ivy33, i dont know why but I am not scared of injecting myself anymore and subcutaneous isnt scary...the scary thing is someone putting needles into me and various places where i find uncomfortable eg feet or head or inner thighs...if it is in my abdomen I am perfectly ok. I get very tensed and start to have sweaty palms...jusst too hard to relax let alone fall asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for this thread! I've been wondering the same thing myself. About to start my first ever cycle in March, and of course I want to give myself the best shot of being lucky first go. But it is extra expense, and added running around ... and I'm also not a massive fan of acupuncture anyway. Maybe I'll just have some massages between now & the cycle instead.