+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who didn't do acupuncture?

Hi girls,

Looks like we will be doing our second cycle at the end of the month, but as I lost my job in late November and now only working pt I don't think we will be able to afford to do acu as well..

So my question is do you think doing acu is important ? and did you get a bfp without doing acu?

Thanks girls!

X

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't going to to it, but knew that I would kick myself if I got a BFN if I didn't.

I did it yesterday for the first time actually, but wish I didn't. I didn't enjoy it at all. I found it painful and uncomfortable, and I certainly wasn't relaxed!

I haven't had a BFP, but I'm hoping that acupuncture isn't TOO important because I highly doubt that I will do it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never had an accupuncture session in my life!

Having said that, if this cycle hadnt been successful I was considering giving it a go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    I wasn't going to to it, but knew that I would kick myself if I got a BFN if I didn't.

I did it yesterday for the first time actually, but wish I didn't. I didn't enjoy it at all. I found it painful and uncomfortable, and I certainly wasn't relaxed!

I haven't had a BFP, but I'm hoping that acupuncture isn't TOO important because I highly doubt that I will do it again.
    I felt the same the first time I had it but that's because my body was out of wack! It does get better I just had to learn how to relax and after that I nearly fell asleep every time!

Clearly having it done the 6 weeks before during and 2 weeks after transfer didn't give me a bfp but I think I'll kick myself too! Hmmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joozys View Post
    Never had an accupuncture session in my life!

Having said that, if this cycle hadnt been successful I was considering giving it a go.
    Congrats!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I didn't do acupuncture and my last FET cycle ended with a BFP and I now have my DS (5 weeks old) as a result!

Best of luck to you!!

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
    Hi girls,

Looks like we will be doing our second cycle at the end of the month, but as I lost my job in late November and now only working pt I don't think we will be able to afford to do acu as well..

So my question is do you think doing acu is important ? and did you get a bfp without doing acu?

Thanks girls!

X
    Thanks for asking this question lol I'm starting ivf in April and although I'm not sure we could afford it anyway I don't want acu, the whole idea of it freaks me out. That being said if I don't get a BFP I will always wonder if that's why!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey jessesgirl

I never did acupuncture when I fell pregnant with DS on our first cycle, then again when I fell pregnant with our twins (which we unfortunately lost).

However after the miscarriage & D&C I have started doing acupuncture just to try & get my cycles back to how they were & just for a little relaxation. I figured I'd try the doesn't hurt approach. Although I did get pregnant twice before without it...

I am currently in the middle of a cycle, so we'll see if it helps me at all this time around.

Sending you lots of baby dust in your upcoming cycle!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave up on acupuncture, didn't think it made a difference to IVF, but it did certainly relaxed me and I enjoyed the peace/mediation time, but I found it stressful to fit it in amongst all the appointments and work/domestic commitments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did ACC for 1 year - twice a week. As soon as I gave it up - (replaced it with a relaxing massage once a fortnight and visualization) I become pregnant - go figure ?
    Now I have a beautiful baby girl - 4 weeks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mammalinz For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (11-02-2012)