+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Interesting You believe the risks of breastfeeding is greater than the risks of formula?
    I didn't say breastfeeding is a risk I said I wouldn't risk somebody else's breast milk being consumed by my baby.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't read past the end of page 1 of all the replies. But i am surprised so many "feel weird" about it. Don't you all acknowledge that "breast is best"?

I have bf my sisters toddler and a friends newborn. My DD has been bf by my sister. And even though DS was exclusively FF, if we were somewhere without a bottle, i'd have been grateful if a friend offered.

I don't see any issue with it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely I would. If needed, I would not hesitate and if I needed it, I would not hesitate to ask.

Mind you, I am not of the opinion that breast is best because sometimes it isn't.

So I'd just go with the flow in this regard.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to happy wanderer For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have in an emergency, I would do it again if the mother was OK with it or if there was just no alternative.

I don't think I'd like someone feeding my baby though. If it was an emergency, I guess I would just have to be OK with it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I breastfed nephew once when he was 5 months old and I was still feeding my daughter who was nearly 2 1/2 at the time. And that was 12 years ago. I had already offered if he needed it I would give it and she was totally ok with it. He got hungry and I offered. He fed. He looked at me strangely but was happy to feed. Would I do this again. Of course I would.

In days gone by if someone couldn't feed then someone in the family could so did they were known as wet nurses. Also the rich had wet nurses as it was seen beneath them to breastfeed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In an emergency and with permission, absolutely.

I would do just about anything to console an upset/starving baby, breaks my heart hearing them cry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I've donated milk, so yes I've fed other babies. I'd have no issue with feeding another bub directly and would have no issue with someone feeding my children (though I did in the past - I just had this block about it, that it would somehow take away from our bond/breastfeeding relationship)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    no i haven't but absolutely i would if faced with a situation that called for it. I Will say tho, it might depend on how old the baby is. If a bub was say 2 or older i would feel very weird about it... But Would probably feed them anyway. Im fine with other people feeding dd, she wont take a bottle so if i were out of action id have no other choice but to call on my neighbour (she has offered in the past whdn dd bit me so much that i couldnt feed due to pain and bleeding... I Declined tho cos i didnt want her to be bitten aswell)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I would without hesitation if requested or needed though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both my SIL and I have fed each others babies when they were little. Personally, I would prefer another mother to breastfeed my child than to give them EBM because breastfeeding is no comforting and blissful for the baby that I'd like to know that they could have that comfort if I wasn't there. When I had to leave my DD when she was under 6 months, I was never stressed because I knew she was with someone who loved her and could give her everything she needed. Transfer of disease never really worried me, because for one I know my SIL well and her lifestyle and also straight after pregnancy a woman probably knows more about her health and disease status than at any other time in her life