+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I haven't but I would, with the mothers permission.

Has anyone else seen the footage of Salma Hayek breastfeeding a hungry little bubba in an African orphanage? It made me cry, good on her.
    it made me cry, look at the bub's eye....

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would if it was an emergency but only if it was a close friend or family. I'd also mention it but take no offence if they said no because I could understand why it'd be a bit strange watching someone else feed your bub. But I certainly would NOT do it without asking!
    But when I think about my sister feeding my bub (she's not had kids but if she did) it somehow seems right. I guess because it used to be the done thing for other lactating women in your family group to feed your bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A lady that I work with told me about how she fed her sister's baby years ago when her sister was very unwell.

He sister was hospitalised with a serious illness, and was unable to feed her young bub due to medications or similar. My friend had a bub of a similar age, and an over supply. Formula was expensive (this was the 80's). My friend took over feeding the child for the duration of her sister's illness, while her sister kept up her own supply.

I thought this was a really great story. I was terrible at bf, it was a disaster no matter what I tried. But if I ever had another baby and found that I could feed well this time, and a close friend or family member was in need, I would like to think that I would do the same thing.

I certainly don't see anything wrong or inappropriate about it. I would view it in very positive light if I ever witnessed it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't but totally would. I'd have no problems with my baby being breastfed by someone else either. Historically wet nursing was extremely common and I think it's a pity that it's disappeared from modern culture - the promotion of formula pretty much killed it. I'm sure most tribal cultures would share breastfeeding along with child care and consider us to be backwards the way we isolate mother/baby.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    For me it's that I see breastfeeding as more than just food for my baby - it's nourishment for the soul. It settles them when they're upset, it soothes them when they're teething, it quietens them when they're crying. I love nothing more than cuddling my babies when they're feeding, stroking their cheeks and eyebrows, and feeling like when all else fails (as it usually does) I can at least offer this comfort to them.

For me breastfeeding is a very intimate act between me and my babies - I breastfeed very happily anywhere anytime, but tend to switch off to the world around me when I do so.

I guess this is why I wouldn't find it all that comfortable to have another person breastfeed my baby - it's my job and a job I love dearly and protect fiercely.

I've never been in a position where it's been an issue so I can't say how I'd honestly feel if I was. I agree if I was in an orphanage and a starving baby needed it I'd gladly do anything to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    No and I wouldn't unless it was an emergency and not unless the parents were aware , I think it's a bit creepy someone else trying to breast feed your child without your knowledge , i would feel really wierd about it.
    This..

I'm all for it of it was an emergency and couldn't be avoided... But I would e absolutely ropable if someone b/fed my child without my knowledge absolutely ropable and would probably sue he pants off them. Nourishment or not if I have provided my own forms of feed expressed or formula whatever the case may be then you go against that and feed my child your bodily fluids that hey let's face it I don't know where you have been, what you have taken or ingested...

I will probably kill you where you stand.

~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Twoalready For This Useful Post:

Whoknows  (04-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had bf anyone else's child, but would do so if needed.

I had a friend attempt to bf my ds (with my full knowledge and support), he didn't take it to however. Ds was 8 months old and my milk supply was drying up due to stress. We were in a heat wave and he completely refused any type of liquid other than milk directly from my boob. Luckily I managed to get my supply back up but it was scary for a few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't but would with mums permission, or if it was an emergency.

I would not let anybody bf my bub unless it was a real emergency and I was uncontactable. I would also have to be close to the person and would NEVER let a random feed her. I would be to concerned about a disease being contracted and would prefer formula to be offered.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post

Also recent research has shown that the risk of contracting via breastmilk is low, even with things like AIDS. ]
    I wouldn't risk it...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

Twoalready  (03-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the article you are referring to. But yes, the risks of somebody else's breast milk is not one i am willing to take.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (03-05-2013)