+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would call nurse on call or Monash medical centre I think the guys name is Rodney? Hope someone else can give his full details!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If the benefit outweighs the risk then I don't see why not. Give nurse on call a call and see what they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain unfortunately I'm fairly certain that nurofen is more dangerous in the third trimester than at the start of your pregnancy so I think you really should seek medical advice before you take it.
    Hope your pain goes away soon.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nurofen has a chemical in it that is similar to that produced at birth by bubs to trigger and close/open the valve to their lungs so that they can breath. If this is taken during pregnancy it can cause (and we are talking quite often) this valve to open and the bub to die as they are not yet born.

Found the above info after googling "nurofen during pregnancy"

I would never take the risk.
    Contact your hospital and see what they recommend for the pain. Good luck, must be horrible to be in pain and not able to take anything for it have you tried a hot water bottle or something for a bit? Better than nothing

Feel better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Can you call 13 health (I think you're in qld as well). Not sure how much they can help. Or call a pharmacy as they have a list of what you can take during pregnancy. Not many pharmacies are open late in Brisbane. The one in taringa is open until 10pm, from memory. Not sure if they would provide advice over the phone, but maybe worth a try.

Is ibuprofen the drug? I had an idea there was some risk associated with that drug during pregnancy, but I'm not 100%.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    have you got a heat/cold (depending on what suits your injury/problem) pack? They normally help me when I get neck pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I googled it for my own research and a couple of sites said one is ok but to absolutely NOT have any in your third trimester. Can cause severe breathing issue in your baby which is a very scary thought. I was going to suggest panadol oestio as it's a little bit stronger but not an option for you. There is a hotline you can call which you will probably find in the phone book I'm at work so I can't give you the number they can give you info about Mede and illnesses or just call your local hospital. Hope your pain eases soon