+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours have always been in the booster At the table with the rest of the family from the day they started eating. To start with they used their own tray then as they got older the tray came off and they used the table.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JKLandmaybeMN View Post
    Ours have always been in the booster At the table with the rest of the family from the day they started eating. To start with they used their own tray then as they got older the tray came off and they used the table.
    Same here - and I have a Phil and Ted pram that goes everywhere with me - if neither child wants in it is usually toting their scooters/towels/bags/shopping anyway. Come to think of it I must surely look like a homeless person with smallies at times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think my ds was in the highchair til about 2, but usually at the table in it, not just in the middle of the floor iykwim . Our dining chairs are not remotely suited to booster seats so that wasn't an option.

He was in the pram til about 3, with less & less time in the pram between 2 & 3 until suddenly we didn't need it. He was a good walker, but when I wanted to go out to the shops for 2 hours it was too much for him to walk the whole time, hence the pram. And, the pram is great for carrying bags .

As for teaching him to walk with us, there was a zero tolerance policy. He MUST hold our hands in car parks, he MUST stay in the pram if we want him too, he MUST not run off. Basically he held our hands at all times. When we were grocery shopping he went in the trolley. When we were shopping for more than a few minutes, he went in the pram. We were consistent and everyone who took him out followed the same rules. It might seem like a massive task when your child is only 1, but it's not so bad and eventually they walk along side you and do well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD1 was in the highchair until 2, and then in a booster seat at the table. She is still in the booster seat for most meals (she's 3.5) because she needs it for the height. If your little one is still happy in the high chair and eating his meals then I'd keep him there for as long as possible.

DD1 was pretty much out of the pram by 21 m/o but she never ever ran off, she was happy to sit in cafe's without any fuss.

DD2 is 15 months old and she is the total opposite of DD1, as soon as she is out of the pram she is off and running, so I imagine she will be in the pram for a lot lot longer (and when she's not in the pram she will be in a back pack harness).

I think you'll know when the time is right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS just turned 5. He never used a high chair, just a booster seat for the dining table.

He stopped going in the pram at 3.5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I stopped using the high chair about 2-ish.

Stroller was around 4, but I didn't drive at that time, so without it, I'd be expecting a 4-year-old (who still had naps occasionally) to wander around all day long sometimes... which just wasn't fair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd stopped consistently getting in the high chair around 2. But she still hopes in when we need the extra chair
    The pram depends, we just brought a strider plus to accommodate both dd and newbie so she now wants to get in the pram more than she did. We don't always use it though sometimes just let her walk. Now that I'm 18 weeks I'm more inclined to get the pram out though as its easier for me instead of chasing or carrying and uncooperative toddler

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaeja View Post
    using a highchair and pram/stroller?

At what age should I be introducing my child to sitting at the table (in a dining chair, not a highchair), and more importantly, how do I keep him seated??!!

And also with prams.. how do you teach your child to stay with you if not using a pram, and what age did you stop using a pram altogether?
    My kids will still sit in the pram if was to bring it lol. I'll only take if going somewhere for a long day now because I believe they are too old at nearly 5 and 3.5

High chair I can't remember, Dd was kicked out prob after she turned 2 ish for her little brother to use it. He has just stopped using a booster seat at the table (which Dd never had).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk