+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got rid of the high chair when DD was about 2 and brought a booster seat for the dining table, this also had a harness so she wasnt able to get up, once she was big enough to sit at the table without, I think by 3, she just sat on a normal chair and table manners had been established.

I got rid of her pram once I knew her little legs where capable of being able to keep up if I had a lot of walking to do, this was probably up until 4 but only on big days out.

DD has also always been on the 97 percentile whereas I am only 5'2 so I did use the pram a little longer than most as I physically can't carry her when she's tired

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS is 2.5 - we still use both, and for good reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At around 18 months we got an ikea 'junior' chair and ditched the high chair.
    Pram is used by my kids regularly until around 3, and only for long walks till around 4.5.
    Ad far as how to stop them running off, I think my kids must all be 'easy' cos they seem to stick with me when I am out and about. I usually hold the 2year olds hand but even if I don't he just trots along with us. Of course on roads etc I hold their hands (2 kids on each hand lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS still goes in the high chair occasionally, but mainly sits at the table since 18mo.

As for the pram, I think I'll always take it long term as combined my babies (10mo and 23mo) are 30kg, DS is starting to walk better and wanting to climb out sometimes, so we will hold hands and have a harness on for backup if he escapes me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I never used a high chair but I've only just stopped using dd's stroller maybe 3-4wks ago when out I figure she can walk it now she's older lol (4yrs and 7mths) but if I was going on a very long day out I'd still take the stroller just I case I just use a $30 stroller from Kmart now. Hmm sorry I don't think I was much help lol

Me and She - 4

Sent from my iPhone using Bubhub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We stopped both at 18 months ...

*** end of transmission ***

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a booster for dining table and dear son is almost 4. he hasn't been in a pram since 3 but I would still use it on long days out (except our pram broke and I couldn't bring myself to buy a new one when he rarely used it!)

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We introduced table and chair (for coloring in & snacks) around 14 months. (DD Was also going to school and play group 1 day a week where they sat her at a table/chair to eat.)

She's now twenty months and eats all meals at the table. How do I keep her seated? I don't. Lol
    Shes allowed to eat as much or as little and leave the table when she likes but she not allowed to run around and eat.

She also walks everywhere now (except if were in a hurry) I just constantly tell her 'stay with mummy, come this way, hold my hand, don't touch, etc' and she listens 90% of the time. If she doesn't do as I say then I carry her (kicking and yelling) if nessessery.

She started going for short walks around the block at 14 months practicing walking on the path and holding my hand.
    Last edited by AndrewTheEmu; 12-02-2012 at 06:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD (2) still uses her high chair at home but never anywhere else and has never used a pram.

I should add our table is too high for DD to reach and her high chair is like a comfy little reclining chair. So not just a normal one otherwise she wouldn't still be in it.
    Last edited by waterlily; 12-02-2012 at 06:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have DD2 (3y5m) in a booster that straps to the dining chair at home but nothing while out. She is only a little girl and weighs about 13kg so it's still a bit hard for her to reach the table without it. We tucked the harness away once she was able to do it up herself at about 2.5yrs.
    I've always kept them strapped in until they could sit until finished.
    I think that they need to be in a highchair with straps until they are able to eat a reasonable amount of their meal and then ask if it's ok to hop down.. And I don't let them walk around eating. That would drive me nuts!
    I am home alone with my 3 most nights though as DH is a chef so have to keep things pretty controlled or we'd all go crazy.

As for prams, same DD2 still likes to go in the pram or trolley when shopping and if DS1 isn't in it I let her but if I didn't have DS1 (and be pregnant again) I wouldn't use the pram.

Personally I don't like seeing bigger kids in prams I think it's a bit silly when they are physically able to walk a reasonable distance. If we are going on a long walk that DD1 will struggle with she just uses her bike.
    Last edited by 2girls1boyplus1; 12-02-2012 at 07:15.