+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default fever and abdominal pain after embryo transfer??

Hi everyone
    This is my 3rd round of IVF. I had EPU on 01 Feb 12 where they got 2 eggs and then ET of 1 lovely 3 day embryo on 03 Feb. To mix it up this time I'm on progesterone pessaries morning and night instead of crinone at night.
    Anyway - since yesterday evening I've had a temperature of 38C and some bad abdo cramping. I rang the FN today who said the cramping was probably due to progesterone and the temp due to a bug.
    I'm worried that a high temp will kill the little embryo - it should be implanting now.......just wondered if anyone had any thougts/stories to share with me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi

What an extra stressful event you don't need right now. Your nurse is right the pain in the abdo would be from the progesterone, it can play mind games with you too

The temp I would be minor concerned about, do not try to chill off, make sure you wear socks, keep warm and don't go outside in the cold. When you have a temp you need to keep yourself warm. Heck if you can get away with it, don't shower so you don't risk any further temp

Keep hydrated and try and rest as much as you can so your body has the best chance of fighting the bug and getting UTD

Wishing you the best

tulip79 is offline There's only one beautiful child in the world and every mother has it.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure sorry! When I had the transfer done, shortly after I got bad cramping which developed into excruciating abdo pains and it was mild-mod OHSS. I'd just keep an eye on it, and obviously if it gets worse, get another opinion asap. It may be a bug, yes, but it could also be something else if it persists over the next day or two, or gets worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your thoughts Greenapple and Tulip79. I'm keeping warm (snuggled up with a quilt at the moment!), drinking lots of water and having regular panadol to try and keep my temperature down (FN's suggestion). My only plans for the weekend is sleep/relaxing so hopefully that will work and it won't impact on the embryo.
    If things get worse I will go to A&E though....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kyllara,

Hope you are feeling better..... When I had my first cycle I had 3 day transfer and progesterone and I too caught a bug! I was so ill I was admitted to hospital for a day and I felt shocking, Never felt that sick. I was told that your immune system lowers when an embryo is implanting and after a long 2week wait and finally feeling better ........ I got my BFP!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed for you x