+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    That was actually quite lovely.....and then I got to the last sentence
    It took me a while when she said it to wrap my head around it... I was kinda waiting for the punch line...

She's also said that parents shouldn't hit their children because parents often hit out of anger and frustration BUT other people - like carers or extended family can because they know how to discipline children better and aren't emotionally involved.

Awesome cos she used to run family day care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mum and SIL over xmas saying i should eat the ham and the camembert that had been sitting out cause they did!

SIL commenting on a joke singlet i've brought that says i'm not fat i'm pregnant, when i was out of ear range about what i will wear when i actually look pregnant!!

Then SIL commenting on my FB status about how much time i had left at work saying that i will be working harder than i ever have for the next 18 years. Yeah ok cause your first born daughter is a spoiilt little brat who is rude to everyone around her and my neice and nephew crave attention so much my neice was ready to come back home with us....

Brother telling mum i will need her for 3 months 6 weeks before birth and 6 after! what am i stupid? did i not look after my cousins 2 month old baby every weekend when she had to return to work??

Mum and sister We dont' want to know the sex and when you find out you better not tell us... i'm sorry since when is it your child? Have asked dad and he really wants to know so i will tell him tomorrow on his birthday that he will be getting another grandson in June and if he tells mum then too bad so sad.

DH's family doesn't really say much just let us go with the flow it's mine that annoys me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    "She's chubby because she's formula fed". My DD was on the 50th percentile for weight and near the 97th for length - hardly a chubber!
    "Don't change her nappy overnight, in Columbia it is bad luck", if I had a dollar for every time I heard a statement that started with "in Columbia" and ended with something completely off the wall, I would be a rich lady!
    "Wow, her head is huge! Is there something wrong with her?" DD took a little while to grow into her head!

I find it amazing that I copped so much flack for FFing, when so many of you guys copped flack for BFing! Is there anything people wont judge?

My MIL also decided that I was an unfit mother and rang members of my family to advise them of her opinion, because I handed my screaming reflux baby to DH and went for a walk after a 9 hour day of screaming. Of course, she was a perfect mother who BF her children, never got frustrated and..... oh wait, walked out on her kids when they were in primary school. Hhhhmmmmm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mother:
    ‘you should gain a max of 8 kg’
    ‘you shouldn’t have morning sickness at this stage’
    ‘your baby is going to have issues’
    ‘you will have so much time on your hands, all newborns do is sleep, its heaven’
    ‘you have so much baby stuff, you won’t need to buy anything for the next 3 years’
    ‘well my friends daughter asked her to be at her birth’
    ‘I was back at TAFE/college 4 weeks after having your sister’
    ‘try get a caesarean’
    ‘I dint think you will be able to have a vaginal birth but good on you for wanting to try’
    ‘Just use the car seat I picked up at roadside clean-up in 2002’
    'You are huge, that weight will be hard to lose'

MIL:
    ‘calm birth, haha yeah you just wait till the real pain hits’
    ‘they need to measure your pelvis to see if the baby will actually fit’
    FIL:
    ‘if you have a C-section you won’t have a sore vagina’
    'you dont need 2 car seats, it only takes 20 seconds to move it from one car to another' (hubby and i bought a seat of each of our cars)
    BIL:
    ‘its just passive smoke its nothing’

OH AND CAN I JUST ADD, BABY IS NOT EVEN BORN YET!
    Last edited by babybloom; 16-02-2012 at 14:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Babybloom yours just reminded me of some more

Mother - I would try and loose at least 10 kilo's you don't want to end up like your cousin. Then when i told her the other week i'd lost 8 kilo's and my aunty had told me not to loose any more it was oh i think you could loose another 5 at least... Weight is a huge thing for my mum....
    Also are you sure you don't want to move back to new zealand?? Uh no we want to be able to give our children the best lives we can and there is no way we could do that living at home on the wages they pay there.
    When i said we were living in Kal for another 2 years it was again oh are you sure?? yes i'm sure, DH is happy here and that is the compromise we have made. and we will also be buying a bigger house. her reply was are you sure you can afford that???WTH how would you know what we can afford.
    Stop buying stuff for the baby no one will be able to buy you anything... Well we are the only ones who know the sex and i don't want him in neutral colours forever....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol this thread makes me feel so much better about the comments my MIL makes "make sure you don't make the same mistakes with the next one". referring to me co sleeping with ds. That's only the beginning! It's all a bit rich coming from a woman who has 4 children all of whom can't stand her

Thanks
    Reviews
    It makes me feel so much better hearing everyone else has the same problems as me. How bad is that?

I have many many comments from my mil but biggest one was: "but one child is enough isn't it?" one month after my mc and from a woman with 2 children!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blobby2 View Post
    It makes me feel so much better hearing everyone else has the same problems as me. How bad is that?

I have many many comments from my mil but biggest one was: "but one child is enough isn't it?" one month after my mc and from a woman with 2 children!
    Ditto! Nice to know we aren't alone!
    We are having our first boy (23weeks) already have 2girls.
    Mil saw a small pile of boy baby clothes hubby got at op shop today & said - OMG u don't need anymore clothes for him, I am not buying clothes for him you have enough!
    Seriously was only a coles bag full!!!!
    DD1 she spoils!!!!! Takes for drives & her house and buys too much stuff for!
    DD2 gets ignored unless she is here at our place watching both but only max 3hours! She refused to take both or even give DD2 a day just with her!
    Shouldn't be sirprised at all that by the time our DS comes along I will be lucky to get a photo of her holding him!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app